Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My latest foreign submission to PCGS

I just received the results of my foreign submission received by PCGS on November 5. Kind of a hodgepodge, consisting primarily of coins purchased when I first became interested in foreign in the early 1970's. My estimates of the grades were pretty much spot-on, except for the Canadian dollar, which I thought deserved a 66 grade. I'm pleased with the 1917 1 Lira; it's the only MS65 for that date, with none better. The pics are those taken by PCGS, and do a good job of showing how the coins look in-hand.

Red Australian pennies are surprisingly scarce. This is one of the more common dates.

A top pop 1917 Lira!

Jim
Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey congrats - you did and you had a good eye back pre-mercury days too image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You done good... congrats

Seriously, wonderful coins and the pictures look good too

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    World submission...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    How come I can't see the pictures? Have had this problem lately. What gives?
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    As soon as I hit the reply to thread button the pictures poped up. Huh?
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but I would think if ICCS looked at your 1949 Canadian dollar, they would see it as a business strike, not as a proof-like strike.

The 1949 business strikes are extremely 'reflective' and are often graded as 'PL' by the US TPGs.

I'm not positive about yours as it is only my personal strong feeling.

Great coins by the way!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)