Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Buying Uncut Sheets 1960's & 1970's All Sports & Non **PAYING ULTRA STRONG**

I am looking to buy clean uncut Topps sheets from the 1960's and 1970's all sports. Paying premiums for cleaner the sheet. I am only looking for 1979 and earlier but will consider 1980's sheets with the big Hall Of Fame Rookie cards on them; Montana, Rice, Ripken, Gwynn, Henderson ect. Non-Sport is welcome 1970's-earlier

I am very interested in quantity and no collection is to big. Will fly to you if the collection is large enough.

Send a message with what you have and price you are looking for. Please note condition and if there is a specific super star or rookie card on your sheet and it's condition.

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

Offered is a fascinating and particularly unusual color-process proof sheet from the 1968 Topps set consisting of forty-four cards, including the key rookie card of Nolan Ryan and Hall of Famers Hank Aaron, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez, and Carl Yastrzemski. Printed on a thick paper stock (similar to vinyl), the sheet is arranged in four rows of eleven cards with large margins on top and bottom, the latter of which includes black, blue, magenta, and yellow color spectrum lines. Crop marks are also visible in all four margins. All but one of the cards appear as they would in final production when viewed from the front; the Yastrzemski checklist, however, is missing all of the black text which would normally appear in the checklist portion of the card, suggesting that the offered sheet may have been one press run short of a final production version. The back of the sheet is blank. These sheets were used by the printer for the purpose of checking colors, registration, and generally proofing the cards before final production began. Bright and clean, both front and back, with a small, almost imperceptible, tear along the bottom edge and a chip out of the upper right corner, neither of which detracts from the overall presentation. The Nolan Ryan rookie card, which is situated in the lower left corner of the sheet, displays exceptionally well and is an ideal highlight. This sheet would make an outstanding companion piece to any 1968 Topps set or serve as an extraordinary addition to any uncut sheet or Nolan Ryan collection. Dimensions: 21 x 28 inches.

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    something tells me he might not be interested in that, Mike. But a great piece!
  • The uncut sheets look great in frames. Are you starting a nice collection of these? Definitely museum type pieces for the Pre-1980 stuff. Are you planning on posting pics of your recent buys?
  • If you fall upon any Star wars or Star Trek sheets, please lmk. Thanks
  • The Yaz. checklist is blank. Cool sheet. Pun intended.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • 1all1all Posts: 498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>something tells me he might not be interested in that, Mike. But a great piece! >>

Yea, over in the razor knife forum he just posted that he's paying top dollar for extremely sharp scissors - premium paid to models measuring 42" or longer. <wink>

Doug
  • I do have a 1977 Star Wars Uncut Sheet Series 1 and Series 2. They are half sheets which equal the full series.
  • That is a nice sheet. I'm pretty sure that's the one I used to own. I had it a few years ago.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That is a nice sheet. I'm pretty sure that's the one I used to own. I had it a few years ago. >>

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've got full press sheets from '69-72 along with partial sheets from '64 thru '66, and a full set of '08 Heritage is sheets. Plus panels going back to the '30's. If that is what you're looking for and you're paying ultra strong (see the last REA '70 sheets) then I'd be interested in selling.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• << <i>I am looking to buy clean uncut Topps sheets from the 1960's and 1970's all sports. Paying premiums for cleaner the sheet. I am only looking for 1979 and earlier but will consider 1980's sheets with the big Hall Of Fame Rookie cards on them; Montana, Rice, Ripken, Gwynn, Henderson ect. Non-Sport is welcome 1970's-earlier

I am very interested in quantity and no collection is to big. Will fly to you if the collection is large enough.

Send a message with what you have and price you are looking for. Please note condition and if there is a specific super star or rookie card on your sheet and it's condition. >>

I have a small run of sheets from the 1960s and a rather large run from the 1970s. What are you planning to do with these sheets though and how much are you offering?
  • ToppsFan... Can you send me a direct message with the years you have in the 1960s & 70s ? I am very interested
  • parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    anyone have a scan of a 67 high number sheet? Still looking to see a view of the mysterious high number companion sheet to the one documented by Dave Hornish here

• << <i>ToppsFan... Can you send me a direct message with the years you have in the 1960s & 70s ? I am very interested >>

Like I said, all of the years with duplicates from the 1970s.

What do you plan on doing with these? If you do not answer publicly and identify at least what company you work for than you will never get your hands on my substantial stash.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ToppsFan... Can you send me a direct message with the years you have in the 1960s & 70s ? I am very interested >>

What do you plan on doing with these? If you do not answer publicly and identify at least what company you work for than you will never get your hands on my substantial stash. >>

Can you post some pics of the sheets from your substantial stash?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • I collect them just like unopened wax. I don't work for any company, what kind of question is that ?
  • So Toppsfan. I am a collector yes. I have a very nice collection and have quantity of the typical stuff. Are you interested in selling anything ? The better the condition the more I will pay.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>ToppsFan... Can you send me a direct message with the years you have in the 1960s & 70s ? I am very interested >>

What do you plan on doing with these? If you do not answer publicly and identify at least what company you work for than you will never get your hands on my substantial stash. >>

Everyone loves a substantial stash!

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Well played Guy!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Just picked up a nice lot of 1970s sheets. Thanks Jim. Prices paid below for those interested in selling...

1975 Topps Baseball w/ George Brett & Robin Yount Rookie Cards ($1500)
    1975 Topps Baseball w/ Nolan Ryan ($1000)
    1975 Topps Mini Baseball Complete Set 5 Sheets ($4000)
    1972 Topps Baseball w/ Pete Rose ($1500)
    1978 Topps Baseball w/ Eddie Murray ($400)
    1976 Topps Baseball w/ George Brett & Eckersley ($500)
    1969 Topps Baseball w/ Many Stars ($3000)
    1964 Topps Baseball w/ High Numbers ($3500)
    1980 Topps Baseball w/ Rickey Henderson ($400)
    1981 Topps Football w/ Joe Montana ($300)

Also many OPC Baseball Sheets In Poor Condtion.

These sheets are virtually MINT. Meaning very little creases.

• << <i>I am looking to buy clean uncut Topps sheets from the 1960's and 1970's all sports. Paying premiums for cleaner the sheet. I am only looking for 1979 and earlier but will consider 1980's sheets with the big Hall Of Fame Rookie cards on them; Montana, Rice, Ripken, Gwynn, Henderson ect. Non-Sport is welcome 1970's-earlier

Send a message with what you have and price you are looking for. Please note condition and if there is a specific super star or rookie card on your sheet and it's condition. >>

A friendly note that this type of ad is probably better suited to the BST forum.