Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Interesting this board is basically an unopened forum now.

I was a longtime reader before I started posting. There used to be raw card posts, grading posts, non sport posts, but all it is now is an unopened forum. And a lot of it is just BBCE groupies posting, lol.

It's all good with me though.....unopened is my focus, I've just noticed it's a lot different than it used to be. Hope your Turkey Day was good.
The Crisser

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think like everything in life, it runs in cycles here.

I've been here 10 yrs in January.

I have posted on tobacco items I pick up with no interest. Does that reflect on me? Absolutely not. Does it make me feel a little bad? It would be disingenuous for me to say no. But, that's how it goes on a board.

We have people collecting at all kinds of levels.

Last week someone posted on a really nice "hit" from a pack. I was just about to congratulate the person when I decided to check out what the card was all about - value e.g. - only to find "that" card already on ebay. So this individual is a "flipper" IMO. Is there anything wrong with that? Absolutely not. But, I'm a collector and "every" pull stays here.

We have some really passionate "unopened" guys here - and I really enjoy their company and collections.

Now, if a few "game board" guys happened to come along? I'd be very happy. But until then?

I'm dancin' with the partner I came with.

Tango anyone? image
    Mike
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Here Mike, takes two to Tango

imageimage

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    BOOM!

nice cards Anthony
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I love my unopened collection, but I have a few cards that I'm passionate about as well. Here is my sgc 1980 set registry. I only have a handful of the players and probably wont get more than my personal top 35 or so. All cards are scanned and in the wheel at the top.

My best of 1980 - link
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my better submission efforts from past pack rips...my collection focuses almost exclusively on 1970s baseball:

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a wrestling forum.
  • dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭

<< <i>I thought this was a wrestling forum. >>

I was going to type the same thing.
  • Wait, this isn't the Probstein and PWCC forum where we discuss the best eBay auctions?
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    It appears this forum is dedicated to unopened however its all part of the hobby.Although I personally am not into un oponed at this time I find it interesting just the same.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind all the unopened talk right now. I just enjoy collecting everything !!! I also enjoy reading and learning about what other people collect and the current trends.
    Thats what makes this forum great for me,

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    It goes in cycles for sure. About three years ago, 3/4 of the front page was autographed rookie card threads.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    The more variety in collectors the better off and educated we will all be in my opinion.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It goes in cycles for sure. About three years ago, 3/4 of the front page was autographed rookie card threads. >>

What a great period in collecting history image

That's a sweet Tyson card above with the inscription.

M
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's a sweet Tyson card above with the inscription. >>

I was thinking the same thing. What a killer collectible that is!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more variety in collectors the better off and educated we will all be in my opinion.
    - well said.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    After reading some recent posts here, it appears that people are stepping back into collecting cards (many via group rips here ) after being away from the hobby for awhile and those people, for various reasons, are buying a lot of unopened product. I am sure the group rips, discussions and great pictures on this forum has influenced many in that direction.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've decided to get into unopened myself. I just made a large purchase of 80s baseball and a few 70s from BBCE. Figured Id get the collection started.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    Interesting this board is basically an unopened forum now.

Not entirely true. Grote's trying his best to make it an opened forum.
  • jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I have made my collection into one that mainly encompasses the 1970's - mid 1980's baseball cards. I truly enjoy all aspects of that time period. While I really enjoy the unopened part of this era, I have began to acquire some high-grade individual cards too. Reading the threads on the registry boards for various 1970's sets has been very fun and educational. So for me, I enjoy both the opened and unopened commentary.
  • 60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Interesting this board is basically an unopened forum now.

Not entirely true. Grote's trying his best to make it an opened forum. >>

Grote and some of the other guys here got me into unopened.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Interesting this board is basically an unopened forum now.

Not entirely true. Grote's trying his best to make it an opened forum. >>

Grote got me into opened. >>

Fixed it for you. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.