Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Today is the 15th day of my regular submission...can somebody post some eye-candy to distract me?

I keep wanting to check like, eh, every two minutes or so (estimated turnaround for world regular is 15 days right now).

Dennis

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Sent a coin in under express when the turnaround was at 5 days (7 days now). Started checking the status a few times a day since they received it on the 14th image

Here's some eye-candy for you:

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting, too. Mailed my submission on 10/30, received 11/05. They should be ready by the end of the month (I hope). I received the US coins sent at the same in 2 weeks, a record for me.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    We're just about to send off a submission, not expecting to hear anything until the new year.

Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Regular World submission is at 16 days now...just like you I check the PCGS website sub-hourly. image

Edit: Scratch that, my grades just posted. image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options

I haven't posted many pictures lately, but here's an old favorite -

• Options
    From my regular submission that posted literally minutes ago:

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    So I guess tomorrow might be the day...

Nice lion dollar. What did that grade?

Dennis
  • Options

<< <i>So I guess tomorrow might be the day...

Nice lion dollar. What did that grade?

Dennis >>

My submission was received on 10/29 so you can figure yours out in relation to that. Here's to hoping you don't have to wait over the weekend.

The Lion Dollar graded VF35 at NGC. It was cracked and sent to PCGS where it also graded VF35. I'm actually surprised to get the same grade, for a series that I consider hard to grade it is nice to see some consistency. Not that I care too much about grade on this one...I had a few vouchers so figured I'd use one to get this one in a P holder.
  • Options
    Precisely in the same boat here! Submission received on 10/28 and nothing published yet. I must be generating half of the traffic on the PCGS site checking and re-checking and re-re-checking whether grades are posted yet... :-(
  • Options
    LOL world-regular just jumped to 22 days. Sorry guys!
  • Options
    Still awaiting grades...5 weeks now... image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought this coin, at the starting price, in order to keep on receiving the Sincona catalogues, which along with Numismatica Genevensis are the only ones that I keep (plus some exceptions).

It graded PCGS MS67, not too shabby for a 1914-B. Still, it's one of 8 at this grade, which I assume is a top pop nevertheless.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Syracusian:

There is something about turn of the century BU silver from Switzerland, Finland and Russia that really makes my heart skip a beat. Common coin or not, the luster of those issues always turns my head.

And Zohar, just stop posting pictures of your coins. Santa will give me no presents if he sees how jealous I am. So just stop.
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I got my grades this Monday. About 20 business days.

All I can say, they are very tough on Netherlands from the early 20th century.

1 1 28510521 652723 1948 10C Curacao Head Netherlands MS64
    2 1 28510522 832662 1919 10C Netherlands MS63
    3 1 28510523 404380 1944-P 25C acorn privy mark Netherlands MS64
    3 2 28510524 404380 1944-P 25C acorn privy mark Netherlands MS64+
    3 3 28510525 404380 1944-P 25C acorn privy mark Netherlands MS64+
    4 1 28510526 532148 1955 Gulden Netherlands MS65
    5 1 28510527 832654 1911 10C Netherlands MS64

Dennis
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the grades...

• Options
    Ridiculous! 6 weeks now. Pathetic customer service from PCGS. Emails go unanswered. Called too, and was promised BS. :-( Sigh...wish I had stuck with NGC!
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    You have my sympathies ...

here's one for a good chuckle ...

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Here's one you might better relate to ...

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>Ridiculous! 6 weeks now. Pathetic customer service from PCGS. Emails go unanswered. Called too, and was promised BS. :-( Sigh...wish I had stuck with NGC! >>

Let us know if you still feel that way when it's time to sell your coins. Seriously. I would be curious to know if World PCGS coins are valued higher than World NGC coins. That seems to be the case for US coins.
  • Options
    I think in Asian coins our hosts have the lead, but still trail behind ATS in the Europe and Ancients categories. That's my understanding and 2¢
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE