Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any alternatives to the typical "shoebox" for cards in toploaders?

If I was better at assembly and design I would just make one, but I was never even good at Legos, so that's not an option!!imageimage

Comments

• Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I also was never good at designing or building anything, looks like it's shoeboxes for us!

I actually keep graded and non-graded cards in those white boxes that are typically used for sets of cards. Essentially, it's the same idea as a shoebox but it works.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    If you do not care about looks, this is GREAT! Home Depot sells them for $6.97. With three rows of thirty, they hold 90+ PSA graded cards. It is made of very sturdy plastic. I also bought 3.5 feet of 2.25" air conditioning weather seal (foam) for $3.00. Lay it on the bottom of the box, on both sides and between the rows. Keeps the slabs in a tight fit.

They would also work for Toploaders and would fit a LOT more cards.

So three boxes and the weather seal cost $25.00. Not bad for storing 270+ PSA slabbed cards!

Here is a picture. I went to the HD website but did not find them. I am sure there are others around that are fairly cheap as well. EDITED TO ADD: I COPIED AND PASTED FROM AN ENTRY I POSTED IN DECEMBER 2012.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    I don't really keep cards in top loaders, however, I do keep them in Card Saver I semi-rigid holders. Although still just a box, I use the vault storage box from BCW. They would allow you to store cards in a top loader just fine and quite a lot of them.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use this Roop box from A Box Factory. This is how top loaders look in it. I recently switched them all over from top loaders to Card Saver 1s. It made room for about 200 more cards. CS1s fit perfectly in this box also.

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Cool, nice box!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases