Home Precious Metals
Options

Panda premiums

ChessmanChessman Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭
I have checked out the common gold pandas on Apmex's site; what I have noticed is their buy/sell spreads are quite large, they pay around $50 for Pandas in ounce containers in the plastic and around melt out of the plastic. They sell the MS67 and above Pandas at significant premiums generally. Proof Pandas have had higher premiums, once again only with box and papers. Are Pandas not a great way to buy gold unless you can buy them close to melt? It looks like the only ones selling strong on ebay have been the much better dates.

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    There are so many other, better ways to buy gold that don't include that high of a premium, they are not for me. Plus, unless it was graded, I would stay clear.
    Becky
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭

<< <i>There are so many other, better ways to buy gold that don't include that high of a premium, they are not for me. Plus, unless it was graded, I would stay clear. >>

Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attractive, but not the best way to invest in hard gold... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I just realized that I have none left in my collection.
    I have always liked them, nice designs and good gold color, imo.
    I haven't heard (yet!) of any fake plastic pouch. I would be comfortable with sealed Pandas.

I think that they have great potential given the rising number of gold collectors/investors in China.

Also, PRC Govt. takes pretty seriously Yuan's counterfeit.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009