Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

'16, '17, & '18 FUN shows to be in Tampa

Link

And the '14 & '15 shows will be in the West (original) building of the Orlando Convention Center.

Which will it be: The Peabody or the Rosen??
Ed

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    At the OCCC the West building is less remote and a more convenient location but the North/ South building has much better facilities. If it came down to it I prefer the N/S building.

Tampa is cheaper but Orlando is more entertaining and a more attractive destination.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    RPM2RPM2 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the Tampa location. It just isn't as convenient as Orlando in my opinion. But everyone knows about opinions.
    Rob
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw awhile back that FUN was going to Tampa for several years. A real bummer.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An hour+ closer to meeeeee! Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

A couple years ago when it was in Tampa, it was great!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    JBatDavidLawrenceJBatDavidLawrence Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it'll be cheaper for me since I won't be able to take the wife and kids to Disney the week before...

Still would prefer Orlando, it's much more convenient and a better convention center location. Oh well.
    John Brush
    President of David Lawrence Rare Coins www.davidlawrence.com
    email: John@davidlawrence.com
    2022 ANA Dealer of the Year, Past Chair of NCBA (formerly ICTA), PNG Treasurer, Instructor at Witter Coin University, former Instructor/YN Chaperone ANA Summer Seminar, Coin World Most Influential, Curator of the D.L. Hansen Collection
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the OCCC the West building is less remote and a more convenient location but the North/ South building has much better facilities. If it came down to it I prefer the N/S building.

Tampa is cheaper but Orlando is more entertaining and a more attractive destination. >>

Tampa is cheaper? Why...is it the flights? Hotels are way cheaper in Orlando and the show is so much easier to access. Tampa is a nightmare to navigate!

I SAY DON'T FIX SOMETHING THAT AIN'T BROKE!!!!! :-D
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    I like both Orlando and Tampa.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, it'll be cheaper for me since I won't be able to take the wife and kids to Disney the week before...

Still would prefer Orlando, it's much more convenient and a better convention center location. Oh well. >>

LOL! Tampa is only 1+1/2 hrs from Orlando. How would that relieve you from your Disney Duties if you arrive the week before? image
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the connected Embassy suites in Tampa.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, it'll be cheaper for me since I won't be able to take the wife and kids to Disney the week before...

Still would prefer Orlando, it's much more convenient and a better convention center location. Oh well. >>

Airfare is cheaper at that time of year as are incidental costs (food, parking, etc.). Tampa has less hotel options but don't seem to cost that much more than Orlando.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am less likely to travel to Tampa than I am to travel to Orlando.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From one site location to the other, the difference is only about 70 minutes, FYI.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great, just when My son is heading off to UCF (Orlando ) for 4 years, thought this would be a sure fire way I could get to the FUN show each time.

jim
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not likely to miss it either way but Orlando is a easy non-stop from Seattle - Tampa isn't. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    As a sophomore at UCF in Orlando, I'm glad that the show will still be in orlando for the next two years. It'll give me another reason to get to Tampa senior year though.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not likely to miss it either way but Orlando is a easy non-stop from Seattle - Tampa isn't. image >>

Crying a little tear over here for ya....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From memory, I couldn't get direct flights to Tampa, unlike Orlando. Hotel-wise, Tampa was fine. Still probably prefer Orlando.

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent - that cuts down on my driving time by at least an hour!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not many inexpensive, walking-distance hotels in Tampa, but the flight is usually cheaper. I've flown into Tampa and driven to Orlando and still saved money over flying to Orlando.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Excellent - that cuts down on my driving time by at least an hour! >>

Same for me as well. Every time I drive past the Tampa exit off I-75, I remember
    just how easy it was to get to the ANA that one year... Although we stayed at the
    Marriott, I did notice that the Embassy Suites did have a connecting bridge directly
    into the convention center.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    GeorgeKelloggGeorgeKellogg Posts: 1,251 ✭✭

<< <i>I am less likely to travel to Tampa than I am to travel to Orlando. >>

It's pretty much a wash (distance wise), for those driving from the north. I thought security was much better than in Orlando (I stayed in the Embassy Suites and took the short skywalk across the street to the convention center).
    "Clamorous for Coin"
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    FUN will be passing along the savings for the facility in reduced table fees.

imageimage
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be a shorter commute for me, but my wife will miss the chance to go to the parks. January can be a good time to go to the parks because the crowds are smaller, and it's not blazing hot like it is in the summer.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file