Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any authors here interested in writing a numismatic biography?

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a dealer in mind, and his story could make for a great book. (Think tragicomedy, with lots of great stories.) Please PM me if you're interested.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• QuarternutQuarternut Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭
    This post has been deleted.

Go to Early United States Coins - to order the New "Early United States Half Dollar Vol. 1 / 1794-1807" book or the 1st new Bust Quarter book!

• SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a title in mind, something like "A Numismatist and his Dog"?image
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy by any chance?

B. Max Mehl Good Luck Coin
    Bronze, 31mm, 11.40gm
    Ft. Worth Texas coin dealer

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a dealer in mind, and his story could make for a great book. (Think tragicomedy, with lots of great stories.) Please PM me if you're interested. >>

Alan Hager?
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jonathan Hefferlin?
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Books are like children. Once you've written one, the decision to do another is not taken lightly.
  • kevinjkevinj Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Books are like children. Once you've written one, the decision to do another is not taken lightly. >>

Actually, once you written one, you usually have figured out most of the steps/sequences, photos, scanning, what software (Indesign, Word...), formatting photos with text, different printer options, optimization of graphical images, paper used, covers, distribution, and all of the other fun necessary steps the actual writing a book requires.

Once you have written one and you understand the process, the second, third, or however number of books you write is primarly focussed on the research, content, and those elements which are enjoyable in learning something new and helping to teach others. It can be adicting.

On the other side of the coin, after 42 books to date, looking back, if I had to do it again, I might not, considering how much time and effort it takes to research and write a book, and if I could have done other activities that actually made money.......

Kevin
    Kevin J Flynn
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan Hager?

That wasn't my idea, but it's a good one! Actually, Alan is colorful enough that a movie would be even better.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I give up... who?
    Matt
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have a lot of fun writing about an interesting person...but I just don't have the time.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My neighbor is a writer and a friend. He might be interested. You have my number.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting, but that depends on how much of the legwork and research has to be done by the writer.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I'll do it........... but I need $100K up front.

• AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, stop. I mean I couldn't.

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file