Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay rant of the day

Why? Why? Why?

I understand not every eBay seller does it full time. I understand that not every eBay seller has access to mailing packages promptly. But why is it that when a seller is offering more than 500 listings of sportscards, do they take more than a week to ship when payment is made within minutes of the auction ending when their listing states estimated delivery in 3 days? It happens far too frequently from far too many sellers that seem to use eBay as a significant revenue stream. If a seller wants to take more time, then make it apparent in the listing. There are options for this and it will eliminate the annoyance of having an item show up two weeks after it was paid for.

In the past, I've left negative feedback noting delays when postmarked 14 days or more after payment, neutral when 10 days and hit the DSR's if more than 6 days.

While it may sound harsh, I don't take spending my money lightly. If there's a legitimate reason why an item will be delayed or if the seller just needs more time, a simple email will suffice. Just this past week, I had a seller contact me apologizing and noting that he will be late in getting the items shipped. I'm fine with that. I don't need to know why, just the courtesy of letting me know is sufficient.

On the other hand, and while it hasn't been an issue as of late, I hate when a buyer wins a card, THEN asks for terms or time to make payment.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled bickering and other programming.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Scott, is it true that a dog's appearance will typically emulate that of its master?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Scott, is it true that a dog's appearance will typically emulate that of its master? >>

Guess that's why my eyes are always dark, now...

**Edited to remove comment that may be misinterpreted.