Home U.S. Coin Forum

2006-W 1/4 oz Burnished Gold American Eagle (w/Box and CoA) cost???

I was offered 3 of these by a man needing cash quickly. Can anyone tell me what these go for...not the BS prices I see on ebay
Thanks
Kelly "Kip" Strong
UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay more than 435 ea. in today's market. Highest mintagae (15,188) of the three years (06, 07 and 08) that they were issued in the burnished businsess strike. Latest recorded sale at GreatCollections auction was $544 hammer price for an NGC MS70 before the lastest drop in gold.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't pay more than 435 ea. in today's market. Highest mintagae (15,188) of the three years (06, 07 and 08) that they were issued in the burnished businsess strike. Latest recorded sale at GreatCollections auction was $544 hammer price for an NGC MS70 before the lastest drop in gold. >>

That's all well and good if you don't want or need the coin for your collection but I suspect that very few examples come up with the opportunity to buy one at your suggested buy price.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • 2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭
    Search Ebay and check sold prices for raw or MS69 examples.

Back out 13% for Ebay and Paypal fees and you get retail price.

Pay whatever % of retail you want................
  • I bought all 3....draw string bags and original mint box /COA for $635. I am happy..he is also and I have something for my 3 Boys
    Tnx to all
    Regards
    Kelly "Kip" Strong
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    $635 total for all 3?
  • Yes!

<< <i>

<< <i>I wouldn't pay more than 435 ea. in today's market. Highest mintagae (15,188) of the three years (06, 07 and 08) that they were issued in the burnished businsess strike. Latest recorded sale at GreatCollections auction was $544 hammer price for an NGC MS70 before the lastest drop in gold. >>

That's all well and good if you don't want or need the coin for your collection but I suspect that very few examples come up with the opportunity to buy one at your suggested buy price. >>

Sorry, but recent crash in gold has affected bullion eagle prices, even the burnished eagles. Until gold recovers you will be seeing more examples close to my bid price.

Here's the last one on ebay at $450 on June 10. Gold has dropped $200 oz. since then.

• Well, I am happy..thats all that mattersimage
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a posted buy at $465/coin for these exact raw coins and I am just a "dealer trying to score a rip like all the other dealers out there".

Now, you collectors out there who pay $211.67/coin ... (for a 1/4 oz. of gold) ... more power to you!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say you made out quite well at that purchase price!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ebay is quite accurate to estimate price
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's all well and good if you don't want or need the coin for your collection but I suspect that very few examples come up with the opportunity to buy one at your suggested buy price. >>

Sorry, but recent crash in gold has affected bullion eagle prices, even the burnished eagles. Until gold recovers you will be seeing more examples close to my bid price.

Here's the last one on ebay at $450 on June 10. Gold has dropped $200 oz. since then. >>

Thanks for the link derryb, I agree that some coins sell for that price, it's just becoming harder and harder to find them at that price. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time which is usually not my luck. image
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CDN Bid is around $725 and this in a falling gold market. These coins melt at 313. Gold could be on its way down to 800 so I would be careful on my offer.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a posted buy at $465/coin for these exact raw coins and I am just a "dealer trying to score a rip like all the other dealers out there".

Now, you collectors out there who pay $211.67/coin ... (for a 1/4 oz. of gold) ... more power to you!

Wondercoin >>

Amen. If I were to purchase at this price, Detectives would show up at my shop. image
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Amen. If I were to purchase at this price, Detectives would show up at my shop >>

All that being said, we know that if one weren't buying these for "dates" the offer would be between 93-95% of spot.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Amen. If I were to purchase at this price, Detectives would show up at my shop >>

All that being said, we know that if one weren't buying these for "dates" the offer would be between 93-95% of spot. >>

Agreed. A great buy for the OP, still and.... I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination. Merely making an observation from the other side of the counter.
    7/8 ... Assuming this key date coin was NOT a key date coin as you opine, the OP's buy price equals 68% of spot, not 93%-95%. But, again, this is a key date coin, which is why my "dealer" buy price is nearly $600 over spot by the oz.!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

<< <i>7/8 ... Assuming this key date coin was NOT a key date coin as you opine, the OP's buy price equals 68% of spot, not 93%-95%. But, again, this is a key date coin, which is why my "dealer" buy price is nearly $600 over spot by the oz.!

Wondercoin >>

Highest mintage $10 burnished gold eagle is a key coin?

I don't pay $600 over spot by the oz. for common dates. And, FYI, I believe the 06-W $10 is worth MORE than the 07-W $10 even though the 07-W $10 has a lower mintage. At least, I know I pay more for 06-W, but buy many 07-W at lower prices. I generally also sell the 06-W $10's for a higher level than 07-W ... at least to this point .

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file