Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Largest coin diameter possible for a standard PCGS slab?

Would somebody be so kind as to tell me what the maximum permissible diameter is for a coin in a standard PCGS slab? I was able to determine that it's 45mm across the street, but I don't know if it's the same here and I have been unable to locate the information on the PCGS website. Any assistance will be appreciated.
"YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents

Comments

• Options
    BUMP
    I don't know but really intrerested in finding out. image
    Just do it.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the width of a Pan-Pac $50 octagonal from vertex to vertex across the center? This seems to be the limit. A quick call to customer service would probably give you a more definitive answer.
  • Options
    DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭
    The ATB 5 oz pucks are pretty big.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's in the 42-43mm vicinity. There's one of my 17th century thaler in an NGC holder that PCGS said wouldn't fit in theirs. image
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    earlycoinsearlycoins Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if they can handle a Libertas Americana.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    I'm also very interested...
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that a American Silver Eagle at 40.6 mm in diameter is the largest for a PCGS regular slab.

Libertas Americana medals & ATB 5 ounce pucks are seen in the newer over sized PCGS holder.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure if they can handle a Libertas Americana. >>

They can.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a suggestion- go to the world coin section as to what PCGS will grade and look at some of the European coins and that might give you an idea. I suspect that may be a few world coins larger than a modern US Eagle

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoinFacts lists the Octagonal PanPac as 46mm but not sure if that's tip-to-tip.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file