Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New PCGS GSA Service, First Result In! GRADE UPDATED in First Post

KoveKove Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭
I just got back my first GSA Morgan dollar sent in under PCGS' new GSA service. I sent it in right after the announcement. As of today, I only see this one GSA Hoard coin in the PCGS population report, so this may very well be the first coin through the system. The coin was sent Express, but took 2 weeks to grade, so I'm guessing they were working out the new process.

With this new GSA service, the entire case is enclosed in a large PCGS slab. There's a little bit of black foam lining around the edge of the GSA to hold it in place, kind of like the foam in an AirTite holder. The standard PCGS label is stuck onto the GSA slab at the bottom. Overall, the look is good and the feel is solid.

This coin had previously been certified by NGC. When NGC started "+" grading on GSA coins earlier this year, we sent the coin in to them for grade review for a +. As soon as I heard that PCGS was accepting these, I peeled the NGC labels off the holder and sent it to PCGS.

I'm pleased to say that PCGS got the grade exactly right the first time through!

PCGS graded the coin MS 67+, and it's ALL THERE for the grade. Lustrous, well-struck, and very few contact marks.

imageimage

imageimage

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file