Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

White Whale Sighting

Population 1 of 1 - None Graded Higher. Robin
Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what this card might bring?

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    All I can say is WOW! Thinnking what, maybe $400+?
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All I can say is WOW! Thinnking what, maybe $400+? >>

Popular set. HOFer. Maybe more in the $2000+ range.
  • Options
    I thought I recall seeing a low pop card from this set bring north of 4 or 5 grand.

Am I wrong?
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    My 8 looks nicer! Is this a "holder 9" or a real 9?
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496

<< <i>My 8 looks nicer! Is this a "holder 9" or a real 9? >>

Sometimes it just doesn't matter. A POP 1, people buy the Holder for their 1963 Set or their Robin Roberts Master Set.

Can we predict $3,500, due to the seller (PWCC) their could be a nice premium on this one.

Dave
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently the high bidder!!
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got outbid. Oh well...guess I will wait for the next PSA 9 to come along. image
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Probably outbid by one Mr. Donald E. Spence. image
  • Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Any idea what this card might bring?

Who knows? It depends if that 0-feedback "bidder" bids another 38 times.

I can't imagine why anyone would touch that auction.

- edited to correct my spelling; I inadvertently hit the s,h,i,l,l,e & r keys when trying to type "bidder"
  • Options

<< <i>Any idea what this card might bring?

Who knows? It depends if that 0-feedback "bidder" bids another 38 times.

I can't imagine why anyone would touch that auction. >>

One good reason for sniping I guess.

30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 38
    Items bid on: 1
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
    Bid retractions: 0
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    130 bids?! Bizarre. I'm doing my first consignment with Brent (not this card). Really interested to see how it goes.

130 bids and counting...
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    IMO it's either a truly clueless consignor or someone mocking the typical activity between this consignee and many of his consignors.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    This is the sort of card that someone who wants it might create a new account to establish a bid history for the item that is designed to scare other bidders away because it looks like shilling.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    He's bid 119 times on this, I don't even know what I'm looking at here or how one could do that, are all those bids as result of auto bids? Really odd.
  • Options
    It also appears that a bona fide bidder might have been spooked and retracted a large proxy.

• Options

<< <i>My 8 looks nicer! Is this a "holder 9" or a real 9? >>

It's not the nicest looking 9 I've ever seen, but it looks to me like the grade is at least justifiable.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    Either way it's not good for PWCC.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just ridiculous.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Care to share your under graded 8? That's what I thought.
  • Options
    That zero feedback bidder has been erased! How does that happen? I believe he is now bidding on the PSA 8.5 1959 Aaron.
  • Options
    Same bidder that had over 130 bids for the Robin Roberts?Aaron bids
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>130 bids?! Bizarre. I'm doing my first consignment with Brent (not this card). Really interested to see how it goes.

130 bids and counting... >>

I too am doing my first consignments with Brent. I have a '39 Play Ball DiMaggio going well so far. Doug
  • Options
    Price just doubled! Here's my 8...image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Price just doubled! Here's my 8...image >>

The 9 is clearly superior to your 8, imo, though yours is still a nice card.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

The 9 is clearly superior to your 8, imo, though yours is still a nice card. >>

I agree the 9 is nicer. 9 should be clearly superior to an 8 though. Maybe if I ship it to this Waverly fellow he could "fix" it up a bit. image
  • Options
    In this case the 9 is clearly superior to the 8.

Your card is nice but the bottom two corners have to keep that card out of a 9.

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    "Your card is nice but the bottom two corners have to keep that card out of a 9." + 1
  • Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    So what you're saying is a PSA 9 is better than a PSA 8....
  • Options
    5 minutes left!!
  • Options
    I am watching hoping for some fireworks.

This could launch for sure.
  • Options
    Guess not.

• Options

<< <i>I am watching hoping for some fireworks.

This could launch for sure. >>

I wonder if it was because it was only a nine. Are there any crossover 9.5's possibilities? If it were a 10 maybe fireworks.
  • Options
    With as many complete sets as there are on the registry and the fact that there are no 8.5's I figured this would have a chance to bring a big price.

Maybe the fishy early bidding scared some off or this was just all it was going to bring.