Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Website for HIGH END Cards & Memorabilia Thenandnowcollectibles.com

A friend of mine asked if I could post a message about his new website for high end sports cards and memorabilia. He has one if not two Wagner psa's for sale along with other high end items. His info is available on the website if you have any interest or have any questions.

thenandnowcollectibles

Comments

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff but the site itself is a mess design-wise. Practically went into seizures from all the blinking and flashing. Most of the "more" links don't work either.

• Options
    Agreed, the website's a joke.

And why not just say he has two Wagners instead of the cryptic "He has one if not two Wagner psa's...".
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the same friend that was banned from the n54 forum after one post: Link
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    So he wised up and used a "friend" to advertise for him on the CU board.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Does your friend actually own any of these cards?

He is selling this card in his store while the same card is currently listed on eBay? I am 99.99999% certain that the owner of this website (your friend) is not the man who owns this Wagner (a Net54 member).

Is this for real?

Is your friend seriously trying to sell dozens of high grade cards owned and offered for sale by other people? Is he hoping someone will pay full retail on his site just so he can go and buy the card after he receives payment? It sounds kind of sketchy (and illegal).. I don't know if he should advertise that he has 2 Wagners "in stock". That implies ownership. No wonder he was banned from Net54. Absolutely horrible.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Todd, I am not sure if the same guy that owns this site, is the same guy that has the same cards for sale on EBAY. If he is, you might want to pass along a couple things.

A. Return a message. I messaged about one of the Mantle's a week ago and am still waiting on a response.

B. Assuming the person with this site is the same as the seller with the same cards on EBAY......maybe he can invest $75-$100 on a scanner to be able to properly show off some of the Mantle's, etc that he up for sale.
  • Options
    thenandnowcollectibles.com is a new website for high end sellers and buyers to come together and my investment group has purchased some very nice items and some other items on the website are my clients and the website also acts as a brokerage for collectibles. It was recently launched and I hope people go on and enjoy the great items that are on there. There are some items that the scans are from my clients and might not be the best but have worked hard to try and get better scans to individuals when asked. I am hoping to provide a much needed site in this hobby whereby I am putting want lists on my site for sellers who are looking to move high end inventory for strong prices to go to along with buyers who are looking for high end items besides the auction route. That is all the website is there for and the feedback has been great. That does not mean everyone is going to like the site or going to have certain criticisms for this and for that but just trying to put a business together to benefit the industry. The duplicate stuff from ebay and my website are just that and are very common for people who own websites and also do business on ebay. I have been an active ebay member for 15 years and been in this hobby for over twenty years. If I can assist anyone in any way on the buying and selling front then contact me through my website and if it serves you no purpose then I appreciate ou taking the time to read the thread..
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    How in the world does one start their own business but yet is incapable of paragraphs?
  • Options

<< <i>thenandnowcollectibles.com is a new website for high end sellers and buyers to come together and my investment group has purchased some very nice items and some other items on the website are my clients and the website also acts as a brokerage for collectibles.

Awesome run on sentence.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been an active ebay member for 15 years and been in this hobby for over twenty years. >>

Wow, I can spell and make paragraphs, and I've been active on eBay for 14 years with 100% feedback rating (7000+) and in the hobby for close to 40 years and a stellar reputation for personal integrity. How come I can't get those kinds of consignments?

<< <i>If I can assist anyone in any way on the buying and selling front then contact me through my website and if it serves you no purpose then I appreciate ou taking the time to read the thread.. >>

An AOL email address...lovely.

So business model for building a high-end sports card business:

1) Post "anonymously" as a friend to sports card sites where you haven't even built up any cred.

2) After get roughed up a bit post as the "owner" showing complete disregard for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

3) Build a site using website-in-a-box tools. FYI garish design and flashy things went "out" in the 1990s.

4) Post your contact information (AOL email address).

5) Sell stuff you don't actually own.

Now I see what I've been doing wrong all these years trying to concentrate on customer service and professionalism...

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Simply a train wreck...
  • Options

<< <i>How in the world does one start their own business but yet is incapable of paragraphs? >>

I think we are supposed to so wowed by the following words and phrases that we forgive the lack of grade 2 level sentence structure

investment group
    brokerage
    my clients
    much needed site in this hobby

and i think calling the Wagner "the holy grail of sports cards" is supposed to make us impulse spend over 400k

• Options
    I dont know the full story of this 'guy' but as a former web site designer for almost 10 years.....it looks like my bulldog did the web site.....If you have 2 Wagners I think he should drop a few hundred on a web site designer who isn't still asking me to let her out to pee!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    "Then and Now Collectibles aims to be the #1 broker for high end sports cards and memorabilia on the web. Our mission is to provide the best customer service and the greatest access to inventory around, and to make sure buyer and seller are completely satisfied after every transaction. We are always buying high end sports cards and no collection is to large. We will fly out to your location and take care of all the shipping if the collection merits it."

I don't want to sound like the grammar police, but did anyone proof read this copy before posting it as an introduction for the website? Extra commas, sentences ending with prepositions and misspelling . . . this site is an English teacher's nightmare. The red marker would need to be replaced rather quickly. And let us not even bother with the volume of dead links on the site. UGH!!!
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

• Options
    Jason, why did you leave Memory Lane? And was it by choice?
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    didn't work out so well earlier this week on Net 54
    Bammed

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    elsnorto--you're funny!
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    i have a 3 wagner minimum for the new sites I buy from, sorry.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    maybe Jack Wagner. he's dreamy.
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    That's a choppy Wordpress theme he's running.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Jason used to work for Memory Lane and would email me every few months to try to get me to consign some of my items with them. He has some amazing stuff on eBay, albeit BINs priced to the moon, even factoring in a healthy % off for best offer.

If this new site is meant to be a competitor to Memory Lane, whose own site is woefully inadequate on mobile and tablet, well...all I can say is good luck. Beyond all the UI and information architecture issues, it just doesn't come across as professional and credible at all. Nobody is going to drop 15 grand on a 53 Mantle that looked like it was shot on a kitchen counter top with a cell phone while heating up a lean cuisine.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jason used to work for Memory Lane and would email me every few months to try to get me to consign some of my items with them. He has some amazing stuff on eBay, albeit BINs priced to the moon, even factoring in a healthy % off for best offer.

If this new site is meant to be a competitor to Memory Lane, whose own site is woefully inadequate on mobile and tablet, well...all I can say is good luck. Beyond all the UI and information architecture issues, it just doesn't come across as professional and credible at all. Nobody is going to drop 15 grand on a 53 Mantle that looked like it was shot on a kitchen counter top with a cell phone while heating up a lean cuisine. >>

or a Hot Pocket, but to each his own.
  • Options
    I'm in for a Hungry Man TV Dinner
  • Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    The site sucks.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400