Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

LordM's "Nifty Fifty" (50K) Giveaway (Darkside edition) WINNER- Omega

It was recently pointed out to me that I've crossed the 50K post count milestone. That one kind of slipped past without me noticing.

So, it is customary to do a giveaway on major forum milestones.

This one won't be spectacular. Wish I could give away something cool on the "nifty 50" theme, like a 1 oz gold eagle ($50 face value) or something else cool with a "50" theme to it.

Alas, my 50K anniversary finds me in a relatively tight position cashwise. So you'll be getting "junk" silver. But silver is silver, right?

I should probably make you work for the giveaway, like some people do.

Guess the number of jellybeans in the jar on my bedside table (that's easy- zero), or the number of cat hairs on my sofa (would be infinite, but we no longer have a sofa).

Something like that.

But no, I'll make it easy, as I often do on these giveaways. You've worked hard enough just by reading all the blather I've typed. Haha.

All you've gotta do is post one reply to this thread to enter, and I'll randomly draw a winner shortly after May 1.

Oh yeah. The prize. Not much, perhaps, but it's silver. It is a circulated 1944 George VI Canadian half dollar (A fifty cent piece- get it?). Sorry I don't have a picture of it handy at the moment. As I recall, it isn't in high enough grade to have much of a premium over melt value (maybe VF or so?) but it's not bad looking. And that's what, 0.6 oz of bullion?

Thanks for being my readers, teachers, and most importantly, friends, for all of these years.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Robimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Thanks Rob, congrats on 50k. Im 3 for 3 after finding this Darkside thread.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Congrats image That's a lot of knowledge.

Thanks for the chance image

Ray
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Lord, perhaps i might make a suggestion?
    Ok I do it anyway.
    Donate the coin...and auction it.. with the proceeds going to a charity...
    possible???
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    Dude, as usual you rock!
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity, Lord Marcovan!
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Lord!

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Thank you sir and congrats again!
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Count me in!
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    50,000-What a number. One of my favorite fellow coin collectors. I love your post. Here's to seeing another 50,000 from you.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the 3rd time!
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I withhold myself from the giveaway but just wanted to say congrats on 50K!!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 8 year old princess loves silver.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob, Congrats and thanks for the cool giveaway.

I'll take the opportunity to say how much I've enjoyed this forum and your participation.

I'm lucky enough to be acquainted with a few YNs and one in particular, my eleven year old granddaughter, enjoys attributing ancient coins ( inexpensive Romans - you know the type). I can say if wasn't for this Forum, you and other members that that world would never have opened up for her.

• Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Lord M, I saw you were at 50,002 when you responded to some of the same posts I did yesterday morning. Congrats my friend! I too am glad for you and all of the people I get to chat with about coins here. Finding this forum was a very happy event that has given me many moments of learning and joy. I still appreciate winning your ancient coin "good karma" giveaway, so please withhold my name from this drawing.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Are you still the night clerk at the hotel that you can post so often? I have always enjoyed your threads and keep it up.imageimageimageimage
    Paul
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gone to the darkside image
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    LordM - you make this place worth visiting time and time again. Congrats on the 50k and heres to another 50k. image

Please withhold my name from the giveaway to ensure it goes to someone more deserving.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance and congrats on the 50k posts.
    I collect Canadian halves and 1944 just happens to be a date that I need. So I know that I will win it!! And thanks in advance for picking me as the winner!!!!!!image

Bob
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Rob!
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50k is a butt-ton!
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50K, that's a lot of posting...whew! Congratulations on such a milestone image.

Please don't pick my name though--I am officially on a coin/medal collecting hiatus. (My husband managed to find me a Cadiz mint coin for Christmas and I used that as my stopping mark. I'm not adding anything until we get back to the US this summer. Then I will reassess what/how/which direction my collecting may continue).

Cathy

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Yeti #46 checking in.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    donzmedonzme Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Noob darksider checking in.
  • Options
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Congratz on 50k.....

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that you still average 12 posts a day with such long yeti periods and no open forum for years. Congrats on the milestone Rob.

PS: And you are the only Darksider in the top ten user listing with serious chances of climbing to number 6 ! image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Rob. -- Good to reconnect with you!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, speaking of Old School Darkside, there went a shirohniichan sighting! image

The winner of the random drawing is... Omega!

BTW, I looked at the coin and I think it's more like VG-F instead of VF, so really just an ave circ piece... but hey, free silver is free silver, right?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to my mailbox Saturday and found a nice little half ounce silver bar which arrived courtesy of a coin show hourly drawing last month.
    Free silver is image

Congrats Omega
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't believe that you still average 12 posts a day with such long yeti periods and no open forum for years. >>

Dimitri, that's exactly what I was thinking. IMO that is the real accomplishment.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    YIPPEE! Free silver!!! Thanks Rob!
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    The Northern Neighbor 50¢ arrived today! Thanks again Rob!!