Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

~*~*~ LordM's "Operation Paperclip" summary (Swap #9 on the table: 1854-O USA half) ~*~*~

Scroll down to the last item, and if you're interested in offering a trade for that item, PM me!

In addition to the trades you get, there is the possibility of a year-end dividend for you.

I'll be splitting all of the year's proceeds 50/50 with one swapper from the year, selected by random drawing.

See the "OPERATION PAPERCLIP 2013" main thread for details.

SUMMARY (scroll down- the most recent trade will be at the bottom)

Swap #1, my initial investment, was a gift from some kind soul (I'm ashamed to say I forget who), for my old "Holey Coin Vest".

I don't know what it is worth, but it cost me nothing, so that's where we'll start. From nothing, essentially.

Swap #1: British pewter medal struck for Queen Victoria's Jubilee, circa 1887.
Offered by: lordmarcovan, 1/1/13 (the initial swap starter).
Value estimate when offered: unknown (cost = $0.00).
Traded to: Jinx86, 1/15/13.
Shipping status: RECEIVED (Jinx86 confirmed on 2/12/13).

Swap #2: 1963 prooflike Canadian half dollar, .800 silver.
Offered by: Jinx86, 1/15/13.
Value estimate when offered: $9.35 (based on 1/15/13 spot silver price alone).
Traded to: JaLP, 1/21/13.
Shipping status: RECEIVED (JaLP confirmed on 1/29/13).

Swap #3: 1899 USA Barber half dollar, G4.
Offered by: JaLP, 1/21/13.
Value estimate when offered: $11.55 (based on 1/21/13 spot silver price).
Traded to: TorinoCobra71, 1/21/13.
Shipping status: RECEIVED (TorinoCobra71 confirmed on 1/30/13).

Swap #4: Three circulated silver Washington quarters (1940, 1956, 1958-D).
Offered by: TorinoCobra71, 1/21/13.
Value estimate when offered: $17.27 total (based on 1/21/13 spot silver price).
Traded to: CoinZip, 1/22/13.
Shipping status: RECEIVED (CoinZip confirmed on 1/29/13).

Swap #5: 1964 silver Kennedy half & six British coins, 1862-1954.
Offered by: CoinZip, 1/21/13.
Value estimate when offered: $19.63 total (based on $11.63 spot silver price for the half plus $8.00 for the British coins).
Traded to: JaLP, 2/15/13.
Shipping status: RECEIVED- (JaLP confirmed on 2/24/13).

Swap #6: 1915-D Barber quarter (VG+) and Cheerios Millennium promotional Lincoln cent.
Offered by: JaLP, 2/15/13.
Value estimate when offered: $21.50 total ($14.50 for the quarter and $7.00 for the cent).
Traded to: "The Man In Black" (an anonymous lurker, who told me to give these away), 2/20/13.
The "Man In Black" chose not to keep these items, told me to do a giveaway, and illini420 won the drawing on 3/4/13.
Shipping status: RECEIVED (illini420 confirmed receipt on 3/9/13).

Swap #7: 1911 Mexico "Caballito" peso, Long Ray variety, ANACS AU50 details (polished).
Offered by: "The Man In Black" (an anonymous lurker), 2/20/13.
Value estimate when offered: $58.00.
Traded to: nobody- rolled into Swap #7B, below, when The Man In Black kicked in 19 MORE coins!
Shipping status: (See Swap #7B, below)

Swap #7B: Twenty US and World coins, 1843-1966, including a slabbed Mexican "Caballito" peso and three silver halves.
(More scans in message posting.)
Offered by: "The Man In Black" (an anonymous lurker), 2/23/13.
Value estimate when offered: $120.48. *
Traded to: LochNESS, 3/1/13.
Shipping status: SHIPPED (lordmarcovan personally mailed these on 3/14/13).

Swap #8: A mixed lot of US and World proof sets and slabs, plus some mint set remnants and Canadian cents.
(More images here.)
Offered by: LochNESS, 2/23/13.
Value estimate when offered: $132.23. *
Traded to: lordmarcovan, 4/22/13.
Shipping status: PENDING

Swap #9: 1854-O USA Seated Liberty half dollar, VF35.
Offered by: lordmarcovan, 5/16/13 (in place of an unsuccessful lot* offered 4/22/13).
Value estimate when offered: $155.00 (lordmarcovan's cost).*
Traded to: (nobody... yet)
imageAVAILABLE- PLEASE MAKE A SWAP OFFER!
Shipping status: n/a

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Look at Swap #6, and then note how our mysterious "Man In Black" kicked it up when he offered Swap #7A. Wow!

I call that #7A, because he then kicked it up even FURTHER by putting in 19 MORE coins! Hence the transition of Swap #7A becoming Swap #7B.

Swap #7B will be on the table for offers until the end of February, so c'mon in and join us if you like! The more the merrier.

• Options
    Swap #8 is now on the table.

• Options
    Swap #9 has now been posted.

• Options
    would you consider paper money?
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    Hi- sorry I missed that last reply. Yes, I would consider paper money, but have a little bit of reluctance to stray from what I know, and I don't know very much about paper money. But yeah... I'd definitely consider it.

Swap #9 has been changed now, since the last item on the table for Swap #9 got no lovin' (to my surprise).

The new Swap #9 is a nice original 1854-O Seated half dollar.