Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Into the Dark........

Hey! Can I hang out in here? I'm the new guy that's been lurking a long time, been poking around the USA board but it's a little scary over there.image Since it's a little quieter over here I feel like I know some of the regulars already.

I like a little of everything but never really specialized in anything. Started with Canadian since it came in change anyway plus some family came from there. Also collected some from other ancestor countries in Europe plus tried to get one coin from every country. Dabbled a bit in ancients, medieval and 1600's -1800's up to more modern world stuff. I like tokens too and have seen some great medal pics here lately along with the early magnificent large silver.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

Comments

• ya come on in. Actually most mature collectors realize US coins become boring and there is a whole big world out there.
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Stay as long as your like. Welcome to the darkside. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course your welcome to the DARKSIDE!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Are you located near the border?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, I love it over here, makes me feel more worldley, image
    Plus the vast majority of the people here DO know what there
    talking aboutimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a recent convert myself, I welcome you to the family! image
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome! >>

Zohar, this the dark side. Here we say "bien venue", "welkommen" and "ni hao".

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhh EVP just shut the heck up! image

Welcome ICET

See we are tame and loving here....nothin like the lite-side ye know
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! Your self described style of "dabbling" makes you fit in just fine around here.....
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc - EVP has a pointed sense of humour which you need to get familiar with. I would add "Shalom" - next time you plan ahead and meet us all at the NYINC for some coin (and Taler) talk.
    OK
    EVP is herewith acquitted in this board of lawimage
    To the OP, I'm sorry if we're messing up your thread. Genuinely not intended.

To Marc - maybe you should STFU, you self-anointed minder of appropriateness. You can't make me stop whatever mistaken notion you have of my mis-behavior. You can try all you like, but it won't matter, so go at it to your heart's content. I'd love to meet you in person someday and see if you're nervy enough to tell me to STFU in person. You are such a disappointment for a person.

To Zohar - if I ever were to accidentally offend you, please just tell me. I can be a social doofus at times. My ex-wife will swear to that. In this case, however, I've no clue how my jocular comments with you offended the almighty self-important Marcmoish. <shrug>

EVP

<< <i>OK
    EVP is herewith acquitted in this board of lawimage >>

How about you leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone. If I mess with Zohar, he can kick my butt all he likes. He knows how to reach me.

• Welcome to the darkside. You are 100% right when you say that we are friendlier here than on the US side.
    Olmanjon

PS-show us some pics of your best stuff. This is what we crave for.
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more the merrier. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh, the Vader coin!!!!!!! image

My favorite thing about welcoming new folks is a chance to employ some silly emoticons image

WELCOME!

imageimageimageimageimage
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How about you leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone. If I mess with Zohar, he can kick my butt all he likes. He knows how to reach me. >>

Guys - as I am in the middle here lets broker a truce. This forum membership has lots of knowledge, passion and personality so lets funnel it to coins. I dont take offense that easy. So how about it?

• << <i>Hey! Can I hang out in here? I'm the new guy that's been lurking a long time, been poking around the USA board but it's a little scary over there.image Since it's a little quieter over here I feel like I know some of the regulars already.

I like a little of everything but never really specialized in anything. Started with Canadian since it came in change anyway plus some family came from there. Also collected some from other ancestor countries in Europe plus tried to get one coin from every country. Dabbled a bit in ancients, medieval and 1600's -1800's up to more modern world stuff. I like tokens too and have seen some great medal pics here lately along with the early magnificent large silver. >>

I'm a diehard collector of Canadian coins, especially dollars.
    To the OP, I'm sorry if we're messing up your thread. Genuinely not intended.
    To Marc - maybe you should STFU, you self-anointed minder of appropriateness. You can't make me stop whatever mistaken notion you have of my mis-behavior. You can try all you like, but it won't matter, so go at it to your heart's content. I'd love to meet you in person someday and see if you're nervy enough to tell me to STFU in person. You are such a disappointment for a person.

HUH? Didn't expect this sorry vulgar dribble, now that's for sure!
    I now totally “get” your many self centered postings.

However you are correct I will be more non-judgmental, - although it was honestly written in jest - I am sure sorry I seem to have offended you, and opened up a can of worms, literally.

Adios, and I'm done with this nonsense for now.

<< <i>To the OP, I'm sorry if we're messing up your thread. Genuinely not intended.

HUH? Didn't expect this sorry vulgar dribble, now that's for sure!
    I now totally “get” your many self centered postings.

However you are correct I will be more non-judgmental, - although it was honestly written in jest - I am sure sorry I seem to have offended you, and opened up a can of worms, literally.

Adios, and I'm done with this nonsense for now. >>

I don't believe what you wrote was in jest and, at this point, I do not care. Why do you think you have the right to judge me? That acquittal comment was another joke? BS. Vulgar? You don't know what vulgar is. Have you been visited by Brooklyn style justice? That would be vulgar.

So, just behave yourself. We now know that your Internet muscles do not translate into anything much in real life. I now laugh at you, you mis-guided deluded craven. Hahaha.

And, if you get anything at all, if you were any bit of a real man, you'd apologize to the OP too for stirring up his thread off-topic. But, this rings true: puerile is as puerile does.

EVP

<< <i>

<< <i>How about you leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone. If I mess with Zohar, he can kick my butt all he likes. He knows how to reach me. >>

Guys - as I am in the middle here lets broker a truce. This forum membership has lots of knowledge, passion and personality so lets funnel it to coins. I dont take offense that easy. So how about it? >>

Zohar - you're a good guy, and knowledgable about coins too. But, to quote Shylock (Shakespeare):

If you pr1ck me, do I not bleed? If you wrong me, shall I not avenge?

EVP

• UH-OH, now I did it! Don't worry, it's just the internet. Thanks for all the welcomes.

I am usually too lazy to argue with anyone but I have been told I have a warped sense of humor. I'm not really scared of the lite side but it does seem like they go thru 3 or 4 pages a day.

ajaan and others, I grew up about 90 miles from Canada and there was lots of tourism in both directions. Back then I managed to get a complete run of pennies from circulation starting about 1938. For some reason I never spent much buying Canadian coins, lots of cheap ones. I did buy about 20 different old tokens but they were mostly low cost too.

As for pictures, I think you need to use a hosting site? Photobucket seems to be the favorite or does anyone prefer other sites?

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• << <i>As for pictures, I think you need to use a hosting site? Photobucket seems to be the favorite or does anyone prefer other sites? >>

I use Photobucket and am satisfied with it.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

I use Photobucket too.
    Becky
  • I use Photobucket. It's easy enough to use and free, too.

It's always good to see new guys joining us, welcome aboard!
    When I purchased a copy of PS Elements, I got a free account with a small amount of space for hosting images. It's pretty useful for showing off the occasional images around here. I don't know if Adobe offers that free service anymore to new members, but I figure if you're going to buy Adobe software, and they throw this in for free, I may as well use it. image

EVP

I'm afraid to post for fear of offending Marcmoish, the board's self-appointed guardian of appropriateness. He has big Internet muscles. LOL!

lol - naaa I don't offend easy - we all good image
  • OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP comes here for a safe haven from the wild west that is the US coin forum and look what happens. Good job guys, sheesh! image

Welcome and don't get discouraged, people are usually very civil here, I've survived and learned a ton.
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Herzliche Wilkommen!

I'm glad to see you join. I have been around for a few years and still feel like the new guy because lots of these guys know lots of stuff. But they are patient with me and answer my silly questions. So I am sure they will grant you the same indulgence.