Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

In "Mercdimeville" the Sidewalks get Rolled Up Friday.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
???.......Where in the Heck do You Guys and Gals go on the Week End.image It's Really Lonely Here on the Week End.
    Geez. Those Penny and Modern folks take the Forumn over Completely.image None of them know how to have FUN so the Posts are BORING !! and NOT ENTERTAINING !!
      Come On Merc Folks Put some Life into this Place on the Week Ends.........PLEASE.image
          Bored in Oregon where its trying to Rain: Ken

Comments

• Options
            I am in and out today, just sittin here trying to figure out if this 1981 s proof lincoln I have is a type 1 or 2....I am with you man, lets start something...lolimage
            Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
          • Options
            I will Add that if the Weather was Better We, Karen and Myself, would probably be somewhere else in Her Car image
              Its a Bad Ride when It is Raining.image
                Karen's is All Right but Mine is Neater and a Mans Carimageimage
              1. Options
                PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
                I will be on the board later tonight.
                Mercury Dimes Ruleimage
                Send all your extra PCGS Dimes to meimage

Pat Vetter
                Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

2. Options
                WOW, those are real NICE Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                And what is even better, my wife of 21+ years has the same name, Karen, its a small world!imageimage
                Dennis

My Dimes

3. Options
                MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
                Hey, I did my part--I shoved another Merc post to the top of the page with a nonsensical post. That said, your cars are neat. They sure take me back in time, to a time when Mercs were $2.10 for a nice BU example (that actually might be whizzed) and no one looked at the bands on the reverse.

It's a great day in Florida--sunny, warm. My kids have friends over and are in the pool. I'm working on a book project but will knock off in an hour or so to go watch a University of Florida baseball game.

Mark
                Mark

4. Options
                I'm not a Karen (and I don't have a wife named Karen), but I'm hanging in and out today. Just doing laundry, shopping and taking of a diabetic doggie. (just diagnosed yesterday image and waiting to start on insulin).

So, it will be a while until I buy any more dimes for my set. I do have a 41D on it's way to me. Hopefully next week some time. But that will probably be my last one for a while until after we get Blaze stabalized and see what kind of maintenance treatments he will need.
                currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
                Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
                Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
                Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
                Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
              5. Options
                Yea those Karen's are ALL RIGHT. Mine has to be to Put Up with Me for 32 Years !!!!!!
                  Pictures of the One that Lets Me Dabble in these Coins !!!
                1. Options
                  MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
                  A2labmom:

How did you come to realize Blaze was diabetic? Was he drinking a lot of water? Did the vet tell you if diabetes was common in dogs? I've never heard of a diabetic dog before.

Mark
                  Mark

2. Options
                  Hey 2lab:
                    You Remember this GUY Don't You. Sure Hope Everything Works Out Fine With Yours.image
                      Woman/Mans Best Friend.
                    1. Options
                      He was drinking a lot of water (almost half a gallon at a sitting several times a day), sleeping more and just wasn't acting normal. Right now he is real weak, as the muscles aren't getting the sugar they need for energy. We just have to wait until Monday for the animal hospital to keep him all day and determine his daily insulin injection. Mean while I will worry and stress about every little thing he does. image

Diabetes is more common in cats than dogs, but is not unheard of in dogs. It is just as treatable as it is in people. image So come Tuesday, I will be the proud parent of 1 lab and one pin cushion...

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
                    2. Options
                      Fairlaneman, I do remember him (at least I think I do). Diabetic as well?

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
                    3. Options
                      Note For AL:
                        DO NOT Buy a 1937P Mercury Dime Untill I say So.
                          Thats a "COMMAND" from Ken
                            2lab
                              Not Diabetic just Very Hyperetic !!image
                            1. Options
                              DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
                              I am usually on the road travelling during the weekend, but I took a break this one...

Question for the weekend crowd, did you every have 5 or 6 coins you wanted that were available and were only able to afford 1 or 2, then all of a sudden... nothing you need is available for weeks?
                              Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
                            2. Options
                              Ken,
                              ..lolimage

Rick,
                              That happened to me this weekend! GRRRRRRRR....

But, I will finish ..... ONE DAY ......image
                              Dennis

My Dimes

3. Options
                              Cool......Cool......Cool image After 3Months the Icon's I uploaded have Shown Up so I can Use Them. Using the Toned 30P that I sold Yesterday. Coin was Very Pretty. Probably will Change to the 19S later on and then the "Oregon Duck" Logo and then.......well You get the Picture I tried a Bunch and None would Show and Now they are All there.image
                                Rick:
                                  Forgot too Answer Your Question. Three Weeks ago a 27D was No Where and Now 3 of them are Available. Same with 30S and now its Available and I bought a 19S Yesterday that I have seen Nowhere for Ages. Something has Got to be left out because the "Green Stuff" is not in the Pocket. So the Answer to Your Question is YES !!
                                    Ken
                                  1. Options
                                    Ken,
                                    that is way cool........ can I use one of your white ones if its out there.... not sure how to change all that stuff...image
                                    Dennis

My Dimes

2. Options
                                    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                    Just got back from Central States. It was a good show.

Jon
                                  3. Options
                                    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                    Ken, I was home most of the weekend, but have had a bad case of spring fever and the urge to get outside, enjoy the weather, and get some work done in the yard. No snow, hail , or tornadoes like they had in some parts of the country; just temps of about 70 degrees and sunshine. Also, by not being online, I don't spend money on coins that I really can't afford right now. I got so wrapped up in my chores, I even missed the deadlines on a couple of Merc auctions for coins that I thought I'd bid on. Give me a week or two (or three), and I should have some new coins for my set.

Jim
                                    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
                                  4. Options
                                    Hey Ken,

Leave it to you to start a thread about "Sidewalks"! I've been rollin' them out around my place,...pourin' concrete! Ouch! image
                                    Also, like Jim, I've stayed busy cleanin' up the yard before the last day of burn season...tomorrow.
                                    Now I find that we have more in common than our age (I was 54 in Jan.). My wife(of 24+yrs.) 's name is also Karen. Not to mention that I also drive a Ford, though not nice classics like your's. Just an ol' pick-up. My Karen gets to drive two Infinities though, 'cause she doesn't blow it all on coins! LOL image

A2labmom,

Good luck with Blaze. I'm a 2labwieler(rotador),4wiener,+2catdad myself, so I know how you feel. I had a lab years ago with bad alergy problems, and spent a small fortune trying to help her. Bought the house we're in for her because it had a large enough yard for her to play frissbee. Had another that had to have a hip relacement. One of the FEW reasons for to sell coins!!! image
                                    Again, BEST OF LUCK with his health.

Jon,

VERY nice upgrades. Keep Ken on his toes up there! image

Hope to be in the red again soon. Some additions and upgrades are comin' from QuickMiata. Maybe I can catch you, Mark! image

Regards,

Don

Winged Liberty and
                                    FULL Heads RULE!