Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How can PSA use a Medium Flate Rate Priority box & charge 2x the actual shipping cost?

Am I missing something here?Oh,yeah, half my $ for shipping!

Comments

• Insurance, packaging materials, labor, ect.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ding their stars.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    overcharging for shipping and they keep the card savers too...

something needs to be done about this...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    You can always open your own FedEx account and have them ship it back to you that way. FedEx will typically open an account for you in a matter of minutes and invoice you for the shipping later.

PSA is very upfront with their shipping charges so people always have a choice as to whether it's worth it or not for them to do business with PSA, and they offer an alternative like shipping back on your own account if you don't want to pay their rates. They typically pack well (at least in my experience) and everything arrives back safe and sound (in my experience) and the overall cost of doing business with them considering fees and expenses is no where near the value they add to collectibles when you hit a homer so I think it's fair.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always SGC..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>overcharging for shipping and they keep the card savers too...

something needs to be done about this... >>

Yes, I have wondered about the card savers. I can tolerate the shipping charges with insurance, packing, etc. But the card savers are not cheap when you send in by the 100.

At the same token, you would be charged the weight to ship back to you. So its a sacrifice. (if I recall as well they get stickered in the process).
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Generally how much is it to ship your cards back via FedEx? I usually will sub 20 cards at a time.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Yeah, they're certainly doing O.K. money-wise I'm sure. What gets me is them keeping the loaders you send your cards in. Really? You're not getting enough from us already???

Several of us need to start our own grading service. Wouldn't that be awesome? Getting paid doing something you absolutely love to do even when you're not getting paid for it??? Awwww.....if only we woulda got together long before PSA and thought of this!!!
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!