Home U.S. Coin Forum

Genuine reproduction from the 1960's

EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the original packaging from the 1960's for many of the "This has been in my family for years!" coin finds.
Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they stamped copy on them.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if pre-Chinese authentic reproductive fakes have any value?
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At least they stamped copy on them.

bob >>

"COPY" being stamped on the coin wasn't required until the Hobby Protection Act of 1973 was passed.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the genuine repro's of "Western" coins. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

bob >>

"COPY" being stamped on the coin wasn't required until the Hobby Protection Act of 1973 was passed. >>

Well, duh. What's that got to do with what I said? They do have copy stamped on them, it's on the edge.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

bob >>

"COPY" being stamped on the coin wasn't required until the Hobby Protection Act of 1973 was passed. >>

Well, duh. What's that got to do with what I said? They do have copy stamped on them, it's on the edge.

bobimage >>

I was just pointing out it wasn't a requirement at the time these replicas were being produced and yet they did the right thing by adding COPY although it may not meet the minimum size requirement of the law.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file