Home U.S. Coin Forum

2012 "S" ASE Set Order Deadline 5PM July 5th...or is it?

KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today's counter number reflected the biggest jump in sales, 8,752, since the opening day these sets went on sale. Including that first whole weekend number increase, 8,024, following the first day of availability.

This is probably due to the receipt and processing of mail orders as a result of the mints summer catalog reaching the customer base and orders being mailed in.

So, I have a question: How firm is that 5 PM deadline?

800 number and online orders will close at the 5 PM deadline, the mints close of business time. How will the mail orders be handled? Will the order have to be in the mints hands by the 5 PM deadline to be accepted? Or will the order only have to be postmarked no later than July 5th?

I called the order number and asked. The call taker said the yes, the call in and online orders will close at 5 PM. Mail orders would probably be accepted if the post mark was on or before July 5th. This makes sense.

Mail could take a week or more to arrive from the far reaches of the world and a few more days to be processed. So as orders get processed the counter number should go up for as long as it takes to process all the orders that come in post marked by the deadline.

Today's big jump will be followed by Mondays mail order, normal online and phone orders counter number. It, the counter number, will probably go over 200,000. Is this the magic number for low mintage? Or will sales have to go over 250,000? The last minute rush to get orders in before the deadline will have to be affected as the counter goes ever higher.

I think these additional mail order numbers will have a cooling effect on the final few days sales. Those that wanted the sets have already ordered. The TV Shopping Channels and dealers will not place additional orders.

What say you?

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file