Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS World Coin Crossover Special ... update

We have received a lot of nice coins under this special. Many have crossed and some have even upgraded.

The special will continue for the immediate future. Here is an opportunity you can't miss.

------------------------

from an earlier post:

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey folks. I am here to answer any questions you may have.

I love this special and hope that you take advantage of it while it lasts. We really believe in World coins (better late than never!) and want all the best World coins in our holders (just like the US).

Let me throw a few things out there that I think may be questions.

- Any ANACS, ICG or NGC certified coin qualifies for this special. No other holders please. Break those out!

- If we determine that your coin will cross at its current grade or higher we will cross it and bill you.

- If we decide that your coin cannot cross because it either a) does not make the grade or b) has a problem preventing it from being graded, you will not be charged.

- If your coin does not make the grade you will get it back "code 85 - did not cross'. We are not going to be labeling every coin with the grade we think it is.

- If your coin has a problem preventing us from grading it you will get it back with the problem code (see our Genuine service for details). Codes like 91 - AT, or 92- cleaning, or - god forbid - 90 "questionable authenticity".

- We are throwing our "no Secure Plus crossovers" rule out the window. You can cross to Secure Plus.

- If we determine that your coin will cross and we crack it out and find through Secure Plus that there is a problem, or see that the rims are filed, or some other problem not visible in the holder, we will offer to buy your coin or return your coin with a cash settlement.

- All non-Modern coins (post 1955) will be crossed to Secure Plus. Modern can be crossed to either Standard or Secure Plus holders. All crossover rules apply (ex. no MS70).

- We do not recognize Early Strike, Best Strike, or any other such designation by another grading service.

Website Announcement

Comments

• Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    Don - I realize you don't do it under the special, but is PCGS accepting crossover submissions at all of ICCS and CCCS Canadian coins?
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don - I realize you don't do it under the special, but is PCGS accepting crossover submissions at all of ICCS and CCCS Canadian coins? >>

Looks like no. I am hoping for a yes though. I have a good number of ICCS coins I am pretty sure would cross and would really like to see them in PCGS holders.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a PCGS membership and assume that this needs to be setup prior or I can submit via dealer?

How fast is the turnaround for membership setup and is any tier needed for the crossover option?
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> All non-Modern coins (post 1955) will be crossed to Secure Plus. Modern can be crossed to either Standard or Secure Plus holders. All crossover rules apply (ex. no MS70). >>

I'm confused. Should it be non-modern pre 1955? And modern 1955-Date?

I'm thinking of crossing my collection of British 1958 VIP Proof halfpennies.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don, I am bringing a bunch of nice coins to the ANA.....please keep the special offer thru then please.image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a PCGS membership and assume that this needs to be setup prior or I can submit via dealer?

How fast is the turnaround for membership setup and is any tier needed for the crossover option?

I signed up for a Silver Membership, and dropped my first submission (a World Coin Crossover Special) in the mail the next day. The FAQ suggests that you wait until your membership package arrives in the mail, with instructions and submission forms ... but I downloaded a submission form, followed the online instructions, and asked a more seasoned board member a lot of questions. Now, I'm just waiting for grades image
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I signed up for a Silver Membership, and dropped my first submission (a World Coin Crossover Special) in the mail the next day. The FAQ suggests that you wait until your membership package arrives in the mail, with instructions and submission forms ... but I downloaded a submission form, followed the online instructions, and asked a more seasoned board member a lot of questions. Now, I'm just waiting for grades image >>

Sounds like you're fine. I did the exact same thing for my first submission and had zero problems. The only difference I've noticed between online and hard-copy is the option to stipulate a minimum grade (if the coin doesn't meet that grade or higher it doesn't slab).
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Where do you see the crossover special option in the form?
  • Options
    Just signed up as PCGS member. Will send in a first batch shortly.