Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thinking about sending in this Rainbow Frankie... UPDATED! PCGS GRADED!! GTG !! :D

Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
One of the top 10 I have seen in person. The color is much more vivid in hand. Opinions please positive or negative.

PCGS Graded this one....should be back next week. Guess the grade!!!
Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    positive or negative

Ahhhhh....of course, it's just my opinion, but to me that looks like a 'heat applied' type creative uniform toning. sorry.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    worth the trip if it grades
    that's one very sweet frankie
    worth a tru-view too...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    The coins color only shows nice when tilted, it doesn't look AT like others I have seen. It could be AT, I have been fooled before.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it is NT it is a no-brainer to send off

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    I got this coin from the same dealer that had the two Cud Lincolns.... These were in very old 2x2's and he is not so much a coin dealer as a gold and silver buyer. Good chance that it is real but you never know.

• Options
    AT or NT aside...what do you think it would grade?

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    PCGS= No Grade

NGC = 50/50 chance

TRUTH
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FROM THE IMAGES IMO it's AT. If it were to grade I'd say MS64, MS65 if you're lucky.
  • Options
    deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    ms91
  • Options
    TinyTiny Posts: 2,598
    It will come back Genuine Code 91 Questionable Color IMO

Looks from the picture 64 or 65

• Options
    The chalky blue in the center is what worries me.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    still kind of pretty, Im a sucker for rainbow toning
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
    NMA
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Sky
    but I don't think it could 65
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Worth a try.
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>FROM THE IMAGES IMO it's AT. If it were to grade I'd say MS64, MS65 if you're lucky. >>

I go with Skyman on this!image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>FROM THE IMAGES IMO it's AT. If it were to grade I'd say MS64, MS65 if you're lucky. >>

I go with Skyman on this!image >>

I'm in the 64 crowd. I like this one and I think it will grade out just fine......Joe
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I go with Skyman on this!image >>

I'm in the 64 crowd. I like this one and I think it will grade out just fine......Joe >>

Well I will send it off and see what transpires.

• Options
    Grades are in!!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to guess it graded OK......MS63
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Did you get Secure Plus or TrueView? I think those two are always nice bonuses for toners.
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS66 FBL , nah that's wishful thinking....oh well.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I thinking MS65?

• Options
    That's because it did infact grade 65! image

• Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Congrats! Interesting how the AT/NT opinions suddenly changed, and worth remembering for future AT/NT threads.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didja get it trueviewed? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file