Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: Henning Nickel and "The Counterfeit 1944 Jefferson Nickel" Book

Hello All!

I am brand new to the forum and thought this would be the best place to ask:

Does anyone have a Henning Nickel for sale? I would really like to find a 1944 Henning with a looped ‘R’. But any Henning would be great!

I would also very much like to purchase a copy of “ The Counterfeit 1944 Jefferson Nickel” by Dwight H. Stuckey.
Unfortunately it appears Mr. Stuckey passed away this past January. image

I hope this being my first post is not against the rules here.

Please private message me if you have either item for sale. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Hennings Nickels and the book is a great read. I have a copy of the book and several Hennings Nickels including ones without the looped "R" and one dated 1939. Unfortunately, none are for sale. Dates other than the 1944 are tough to find. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a nickel,,,, the book will be a bit tougher. You are at the right place to find both. Here is a LINK to a former post.

Good luck in your search.
  • Options
    mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    If you are a member of the ANA you can borrow this book from the library. Not the same as owning it, sure, but if you're just looking for the information it'll work.

A '44 will come to you if you keep this thread bumped for a bit and keep your eye on ebay for a '44 no mintmark. The listing probably won't say henning, so you will have to be creative.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you both for the responses! I will keep on looking. Bump for the day!
  • Options
    Bump TTT
  • Options
    emzeeemzee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    pm sent
  • Options
    BigDowgieBigDowgie Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭
    JLF,

Welcome! If you find more than one copy of the book, let me know!
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    good luck finding one on ebay, too many self appointed ebay police with nothing better to do than scour ebay looking for auctions to complain about
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    emzee, you sent the PM o the wrong person. You sent it to me instead of JLF.

JLF's PM is turned off.

JLF, you need to turn your PM on.
  • Options

MWallace,

Thank you so much for letting me know! I looked through my profile options and turned on Private Messages. I appreciate you letting me know.