Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My CICF 2012 HA auction newp

This is a Saxony 1627-HI 1/2 Taler, KM-389. Much tougher than the Taler, and I paid a pretty penny for it (almost literally, since my budget for this is the same as my budget for Anglo-Saxon hammer coinage). The coin is nice, but the image is from Heritage, so it's not fully faithful. In hand, the colors are a bit less forceful than in the image.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Very nice pickup, I like it a lot!
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful skin on that one!
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude what a nice one. These heavily circulated fractional talers are difficult to find nice. As an aside, what's the technical grade?
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dude what a nice one. These heavily circulated fractional talers are difficult to find nice. As an aside, what's the technical grade? >>

Thanks everyone!

Z - if you're asking what the TPG gave it, it's 63. I have another newp from CICF that I picked from the bourse. It's a raw coin that used to be in a 63 coffin that I'm trying to re-entomb at the same grade. I'll post that when I get it back. You'll like that one - it's a Habsburg issue. image

EVP

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin looks beautiful
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    How long did it take for them to ship the coin? My auction wins are still not shipped. image
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How long did it take for them to ship the coin? My auction wins are still not shipped. image >>

I paid on the 2nd. I forget when they shipped, but it was via Priority Mail. I received it last Friday, the 18th. I wouldn't say this was fast, but at the same time I don't want to slam HA either. They have a huge amount of work to do to account for receivables and shipping, and probably try to reach a nice balance of speed and efficiency without sacrificing accuracy. This stuff is very labor-intensive!

Hang in there. If still not shipped after 1 month after payment, then I'd reach out to them to inquire.

EVP

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great eye appeal and seems well graded - cool!