Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thread for POOR PEOPLE like me - Post the MOST AMAZING WOWWW EYE APPEAL COOL COIN you have that cost

2»

Comments

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful looking coins here!

That ANACS 1944 merc dime exchange was super funny.

But that is the size of the typical IRS instructions I have to read after printing them out! image >>

Where is that tonge in cheek eye avoiding emoticon?

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay raw a couple years ago for $14 - now PCGS MS62 VAM 36B Kimptom 12

Many happy BST transactions
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    <===== 1963-PR67 Cam
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭
    Two of the nicer Swiss Type I've ever handled....

imageimage

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this 1846 tall date on Ebay as part of a two coin lot with an equally nice 1853-O quarter in F for a little over $100.

imageimage

Ebay for about $70.

imageimage

$89 on Ebay.

imageimage
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• I have a story to share with you all about this 1907 S-27,

I bought a 1907 S-27 a while back off an ebay auction, the seller turned out to be one of our Fly-In-Club members, I was very excited to get the this coin for my PCGS registry set. The coin was raw but attributed as the S-27 variety by the seller, When the coin arrived it looked awesome and was spot on with the S-27 attribution using Rick Snow's reference material.

So off the coin went to PCGS for grading and attribution. About six weeks later I got the coin back and was very surprised when it did not get the S-27 attribution I was hoping for.

I then sent an email to Mike Faraone who is the chief attributer over at PCGS, he informed me that the coin I sent did not match the pictures of the S-27 variety in the Cherry Pickers Guide.

He suggested that I contact Rick Snow for his advise on this, I contacted Rick and he informed me that the pictures in the Cherry Pickers Guide were wrong and he would do what he could to correct the problem, Within one day I was contacted by PCGS telling me to return the coin and they would re-holder the coin with the S-27 attribution,

I now have the coin back from PCGS in the well deserved S-27 attribution holder.

As this entire ordeal took some time to correct it was well worth the wait as this is the only 1907 S-27 PCGS has ever attributed to date.
    Thanks Rick Snow for all you help.

I was also contacted by Bill Fivaz of the Cherry Pickers Guide with there apologies and they also made up all my extra expensed in the matter.

Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool story, Atlantic! Thanks for posting. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
    Okay, it's a new week so I will post this to hopefully encourage a few more posts in the thread.

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    At first I thought this was a former LeeG coin post

both former LeeG

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the MOST eye appealing coin, my favorites change depending on the day, but I like this one and it cost $65. NGC MS66.

• LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Another pu from Stefanie. Even though i'm not a collector of Jeff's the wartimes are near and dear since it was the first thing I collected 40 years ago.

• coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope this counts for < $100. Bot on EBAY about 6 years ago for $32.50. Actually from a roll of 79-S I got for $650. Avg grade of roll is 63/64. Used to search EBAY every day and 1 of my searches was the newest auctions added. The roll was just listed and it pictured this coin and another heavily toned. All the others had rim toning. Sent an email to seller asking what he was looking to get. He said $650. I said sold and we did the deal. Was super happy when roll arrived, the reverse of this coin is PL. However realized the roll only had 19 coins. Looked at the pictures and only 19 were there. Sent an email to seller. He apologized, realizing he had the best coin slabbed. I got a OGH rattler in MS 64 in the mail that can easily get 65 today.

Scratches on wing is on the plastic capsule.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coins in this thread!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is by far my favorite Lincoln under 100. An ebay purchase with poor pictures, but a seller's response that this is the nicest struck Lincoln she had ever owned. How many times have we heard that? Well............... she may have been telling the truth!!
    imageimage
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received this raw as a gift from a forum member.

• 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    nice 1919, that is the best beard I've seen on ol Abe. Which year had the most detailed beard?
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this one from my Dad - some kind of VAM.... image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.

<< <i>Received this raw as a gift from a forum member.

image >>

That's some gift. Nice one!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file