Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

DALE MURPHY private signing.....DATE HAS CHANGED!

A guy on SCN is offering up Dale Murphy on cards for only 10 bucks. If there are some of you who are not on SCN but would like to get any cards signed by Dale, I will be happy to help you out. The 10.00 price is only good for cards. Any other small flats are 20.00...I dont want to handle balls or any other oddball stuff. If there seems to be interest for me to post signings that I am also participating in, I will continue to do this. I will need the cards by Feb 26th to ensure I get all items in on time.

So, anyone want this 2x MVP?

Comments

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Nice gesture. I know there are some Dale Murphy fans out there. Let's see those hands.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Someone here did pull out a pretty sweet Dale Murphy rookie from our most recent break. If I got that puppy, I would defintely do it.

Very cool gesture Yankee07
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    Dale Murphy's site

Check out the ultra-rare 1976 card!
  • That site is great!
    If they sold the software that could take care of your card scans like that, I would buy it.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "Check out the ultra-rare 1976 card!"

Read all about the '76 Murph here
    Custom Murphy
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    Do you think there is any chance he would sign the reverse negative card while looking in a mirror so the auto would also be a reverse negative. I know this is idiotic but for some reason I find it hilarious....and would actually want it
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I'd be down for that! PM me the details.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you think there is any chance he would sign the reverse negative card while looking in a mirror so the auto would also be a reverse negative. I know this is idiotic but for some reason I find it hilarious....and would actually want it >>

LOL I dont think Im in a position to ask that. I actually plan on having a Reverse Negative card done as well.
    Ethan, PM sent
  • Sweet, thanks for the offer. Let me see what I can pick up on eBay. I'm up for at least 3!

• << <i>Do you think there is any chance he would sign the reverse negative card while looking in a mirror so the auto would also be a reverse negative. I know this is idiotic but for some reason I find it hilarious....and would actually want it >>

This was so hilarious to read, funniest post of the year so far!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • AWESOME! My all-time favorite baseball player. Only have one signed piece; time to do something about that. In for 3 or 4 items. Will be in touch to be sure.
  • blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    That Dale Murphy site, is that a custom card display or is it purchaseable?? If anybody knows. Thanks!
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
    I just want to bump this up if anyone else wants in
  • MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I have two cards I need. Please PM details.

• << <i>Dale Murphy's site

Check out the ultra-rare 1976 card! >>

The card gallery gives you a good idea when the mass production of cards began. 1985 has 2 pages of cards. 1986 has 6 pages.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Sent a PM.

Thank you.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    bump this thread....update....20 days left if anyone wants to send me Dale Murphy cards. So far I have received the following...
    DavidPuddy ....2 cards
    SCMAVL.....3 cards

bump...I just dont want this thread to get lost if anyone else wants in...PM me if you do...I must have items by Feb 28th
    Two more weeks to get stuff to me. Im surprised I only got cards in from 3 people so far. I thought people would be all over this one for 10 bucks a card. It's a great deal! RCs and 89 UD reverse negatives are probably the most popular to have signed. 78s are pretty popular as well. You still have time!

DavidPuddy ....2 cards
    SCMAVL.....3 cards
    BillyBobThornton.....1 card
    bringing this ttt....11 days to deadline
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Just the three of us? Really?
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
    so far, yeah....Ive sent other PMs with my info but nothing received from them yet. Actually, 4 of us if you include myself image Im getting 5 or 6 cards done.
    Only 5 days left...pls send ASAP if you want any cards signed...

yankeeno7.....8 cards
    DavidPuddy ....2 cards
    SCMAVL.....3 cards
    Nam812......1 card
  • I would imagine getting these out by Saturday USPS Priority Mail would make it to you on time. I just read your update that the 28th is the deadline.
    I just got word that the Dale Murphy signing date has changed. Now you guys can take your time, get more items, whatever....I will need items by April 3rd. Sorry for the delay, guys but this will certainly get done. The guy who does the Murphy signings has done it for the past 2 or 3 years and has been flawless.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Good.... I still plan on sending something to you!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Cool, I can actually buy a few more 77's.
    Sounds good, everyone! Sorry that everyone is going to have to put up with this thread for another 6 weeks or so LOL
    yankeeno7.....8 cards
    DavidPuddy ....2 cards
    SCMAVL.....3 cards
    Nam812......1 card
    Counselor....1 card
    I pulled Murphy cards as I was going through some stuff. I will find many more, Im sure. Anyway, anyone is welcome to have any of these cards if they want to get them signed. All you will have to do is send me the signing fee.
    1979 Topps g/vg The card has no creases but dinged corners and surface scratches and also somewhat oc
    1980 Topps exmt
    1981 Topps both are nmmt. first one is the typical slightly oc, the other is quite oc
    1982 Fleer nmmt - PENDING
    1982 Donruss have 2, one slightly oc, the other quite oc
    1983 Fleer nmmt
    1985 Topps nmmt slightly oc
    1985 Fleer Star Sticker
    1986 OPC 2 available nmmt
    2003 Topps Fan Favorites 85 Topps style nmmt (different pose as original)
    2005 Topps Fan Favorites 79 Topps style both nmmt (different pose as original)

Im sure I have a bunch of 86 and up. I'll post up what I have when I find them and keep this list running.
  • So glad the deadline got pushed. Had even bookmarked this particular thread and still forgot about it. Will be in touch next month with a # of cards. Going to go through my stuff and see what will look the best signed (aside from the '77, of course).
    Cool, I look forward to getting your cards
    yankeeno7.....8 cards
    DavidPuddy ....2 cards
    SCMAVL.....3 cards
    Nam812......1 card
    Counselor....1 card
    Toro.....5 cards
    MooseDog.....2 cards
    Just to reiterate, I have to have your cards AND money by April 3rd. If I dont have both then I cant send your cards to be done. I pulled a bunch of Dale Murphy cards and anyone can have any of these cards if they want. Then all you will have to do is just send the money. Some cards I have multiples of but please PM me if you want to claim a card or cards.
    bump...I'll try to update the received list sometime today. If you want in, please make your arrangements asap.
    Ok, so, time is running out. One week to get stuff to me so I can get them to the signing in time. All of the cards shown above are available if anyone would like them signed. Some of the cards shown I do have duplicates of. The 1982 Fleer is potentially spoken for. I have received items from some members and I will PM anyone where there may be a pending issue. I cant be covering peoples items because I dont want to be left with signed cards I dont want. So if things are not covered, they wont be signed and then returned to the owners.
    BillyBobThornton - 1 card
    SCMAVL.....3 cards
    Counselor - 1 card
    abcoltsfan - 3 cards
    Moosedog - 2 cards
    5714Ks - 1 card
    Nam812 - 1 card
    DavidPuddy - 2 cards
    Toro - 5 cards ***PM sent***