Home Sports Talk

"Tim Tebow's Fire" by John Parr

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
Below is a link to the song. I don't think it's an official video though. Looks homemade.

link

Rocker John Parr Re-Records '80s Hit as Tebow Tribute
Updated: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 9:39 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 9:39 PM EST

(NewsCore) - The original song was released two years before Tim Tebow was born, but that hasn't stopped British 80s rocker John Parr re-recording his hit "St. Elmo's Fire" as a tribute to the Denver Broncos quarterback.

"I was inspired by Tim Tebow so I wanted to modify the lyrics ... in his honor of the way that he lives his life as being a great example," Parr told FOX31 Denver.

"Tim Tebow's Fire" contains the lyrics, "You know I'm out there/Down on one knee/A prisoner/And I'm tryin' to break free," referencing Tebow's famous kneeling stance, which has become a craze known as "Tebowing."

"Play the game/You know you can't quit until it's won/Soldier on/Only you can do what must be done," Parr also sings, repeating a message from the original.

The chorus of the song, which has an identical arrangement to the 1985 version, features the lyrics, "I can see a new horizon/ Blazing on the Mile High/I'll be where the eagle's flying higher and higher/Gonna be your man in motion/All I need's my Broncos team/Take me where my future's lying/Tim Tebow's Fire!"

Parr earned a Grammy nomination in 1985 for the track -- which has the full title "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" -- and it peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100.

It was best known for being the theme to Brat Pack movie "St. Elmo's Fire," which starred Demi Moore, Emilio Estevez and Rob Lowe.

The song was originally written by David Foster and Parr for the Canadian athlete Rick Hansen, who at the time was going around the world in his wheelchair to raise awareness for spinal cord injuries. His journey was called the "Man in Motion Tour."

"Tim Tebow's Fire," which can be downloaded at Parr's website, inspired some YouTube users to suggest further 80s songs that could be tweaked as a tribute to the NFL player.

Among the suggestions were Belinda Carlisle's "Tebow Has a Place on Earth," Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For a Tebow," Heart's "All I Wanna Do is Make Love to Tebow" and Queen's "(Tebow's Never) Under Pressure."