Home U.S. Coin Forum

Poll: King of the 25th sets: "S" or Rv. Proof?

If you can beat a dead horse any more than we already have.....but heck, I like polls. When the dust settles, who will be champion? I don't mean to dredge up the arguments we've already seen a few times in other threads; it'd just be interesting to see the numbers.
Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

Comments

• AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    I really liked Lyds response I think he/she is dead on the money. I vote S coin, but I think that the reverse proof and DCAM look waaaaay nicer
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The S will reign. The mm burnished are becoming a subset of their own, with very attractive low mintages.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • TTT for the Sunday afternoon crowd.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev proof will continue to be more expensive. More proof ASE collectors than unc. collectors.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverse. It is strikingly different than the others and appeals to the non-collector as well.

peacockcoins

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Ok, now for something completely diiferent (where have I heard that before??):

To the collector, the S coin. To the general public buying trinkets, the Rev. Proof. Overall, it is a toss-up. I believe they will both do very well.
  • I think the S will be the key coin to the more serious collector.

But I think the Rev Proof will be the top money coin because of the eye appeal to everyone.
  • Reverse Proof is stunning. After seeing it I decided to try obtain all Reverse Proofs to build 4 cois RP set
  • A short set of gold and silver rev. proofs would be pretty nice! Personally, I'm a sucker for the finish on the S and W uncs.

• << <i>I think the S will be the key coin to the more serious collector.

But I think the Rev Proof will be the top money coin because of the eye appeal to everyone. >>

I agree.

I like my "s" the best.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A short set of gold and silver rev. proofs would be pretty nice! Personally, I'm a sucker for the finish on the S and W uncs. >>

Don't forget the Plat. rev. proof.

Only 4 coins would qualify for that title. Perhaps PCGS can start a Set Registry for rev. proofs only.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Yes - 4 coin Rev Proof Set - 2006 & 2011 Silver, 2006 Gold and 2007 Plat
  • Bump for the night folks...let's push this over 100 votes!
  • AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    The votes are way closer than I thought. I would have thought one would blow the other one away.
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • I vote for the RP. A set of the different RPs would be awesome, I think MCM has these sets for sale.

The "S" is cool to, but not enough to usurp the RP.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for the 'S'.................the one and only.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPA nailed it. The Reverse Proof will have more demand due to a larger collector base.
  • CoinflipCoinflip Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    I think the true sleeper is the DDO on the bullion
    SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

I voted for the S mint marked coin.So far its the only S marked ms SAE.The set put out this year will be a proof S and rev pf S,so if the mint doesn't throw us a surprise this year it may be the only one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file