Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Two Great Britain Registry Sets

I'm certain the coins are out there, either not submitted, in other holders, or not registered, that will eventually top these sets.

That's the nature, and the fun, of the Registry competition.

Like the other sets I have these are works in progress and I'm always hoping to improve them as I can.

The first, the Elizabeth 11 proof set, was all self submitted with the exception of 1 coin.

Elizabeth 11 Proof Set

The next, The George V proof set, was about 75% self submitted-where the fun really lies I believe, despite the time, frustration and cost.

George VI Proof Set

The real pleasure is that I'm building the sets for our grand kids, hoping that they'll improve in value over time.

But even if they never recoup the cost and the effort, the kids enjoy seeing them grow, I enjoy sharing the fun with them and when all's said and done the
money didn't go into dull, electronic roller coaster stocks and bonds, the slots at Las Vegas or man toys that depreciate by the day and only I could enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    TTT in hopes someone will check them out.

I realize they're modern issues by the standards of most collectors here but would appreciate any comments, good, bad or otherwise.

Thanks
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Nice sets, although the Geo. V (linked instead of the Geo. VI Proof Set in your link) set seems to be a mix of proof and mint state?
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Those are some pretty nice looking sets, but really I like the toners in your number 2 QEII set. image

• Options
    I think my only concern is the VIP pieuce in the E11 set, should it really be there as the proof set and VIP proof set are not the same thing. They are two entirely different sets.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Jeff I agree that PCGS has problems with the ms, proof and proof like designations, particularly on the Maundy coins. It's just that life is to short to keep haggling with them, sending back etc.
    I just roll with it.

Bill thanks. That's my favorite of the Elizabeth sets as you might imagine. I just have to put the best into the sets that can keep at least one of them on top.

I understand Gaza, but it's a certified VIP proof, according to Heritage appraisers and with a knowledgeable appraisal and track record over the many transactions.

I just have to go with that since I can't prove anything either way.

Best to all....
  • Options
    Bill I just tried to reply to your PM, spent several minutes on it and it disappeared before I could post it.

I should be able to get to the coins this weekend and will be happy to send them to you.

All the best.....