Home Sports Talk

Magic invoke new "amnesty" clause on Arenas

$60 million dollars+ doesn't buy much in the NBA...

Unreal how far the NBA has fallen over the years.

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so how does that clause work? If he signs with another team, is Orlando off the hook? Or does he get to sign with another team and still get paid by Orlando?
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>so how does that clause work? If he signs with another team, is Orlando off the hook? Or does he get to sign with another team and still get paid by Orlando? >>

if it works like the last amnesty clause, he can sign with another team for the midlevel exception, and the Magic are on the hook for his whole contract minus that amount. That's what happened to my Mavs when they did this with Finley.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • The NBA is honestly a freaking joke. I love the Magic and have closely followed the NBA my entire life but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. The players in this league are such whiny brats and the owners aren't much better. At this point, I have really mixed feelings on how much basketball I will watch this season.