Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS MS 70/69 25th Anniversary ASE Mercanti Signed Slab Sets

Were these a limited offering from PCGS? How many slabs did Mercanti sign?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Were these a limited offering from PCGS? How many slabs did Mercanti sign? >>

I was told by a phone rep last week that at the time there is no end-date currently for the Mercanti labels. I then specifically said, "So if I send all my sealed sets to PCGS in January I'll still be eligible for the Mercanti labels as long as I pay the additional fee, correct?" To which she replied, "yes".

It would be great if someone from PCGS could corroborate that fact here in this thread.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Good to know. Thanks for the imput.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my understanding that the Mercanti label is over $100.

1. What is the correct cost?
    2. Is it really worth it?

I'd be a bit hesitant to add the label in January, I would think the early sales command more $$$.
  • Options
    I am sure dealers get a break. But there seem to be less now on ebay. More of the regular tombstone.
  • Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    I was informed that you could only get that if you submitted 5 sets and then you could pay extra for the Mercanti sign
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was informed (but I am not 100% certain yet) that the special Mercanti label you see out there right now for 25th Anniv. sets (with the pic of the Silver Eagle on it, autograph, etc.) will be changed at some point in the not so distant future to a different label type. Stay tuned.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was informed (but I am not 100% certain yet) that the special Mercanti label you see out there right now for 25th Anniv. sets (with the pic of the Silver Eagle on it, autograph, etc.) will be changed at some point in the not so distant future to a different label type. Stay tuned.

Wondercoin >>

I guess there wasn't enough different variations of PCGS labels for these coins after all image
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was informed (but I am not 100% certain yet) that the special Mercanti label you see out there right now for 25th Anniv. sets (with the pic of the Silver Eagle on it, autograph, etc.) will be changed at some point in the not so distant future to a different label type. Stay tuned.

Wondercoin >>

If so, this is getting to be a bit much.

FMI (for my information)- is the Mercanti signature a facsimile or an actual signature on each label?

Thanks, bumanchu
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    I am told that John painstakenly signs each and every label you see on these.

I also just got a 100% confirmation of the new insert in the works for these 25th anniv. "Mercanti" sets. Attention label collectors everywhere image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am told that John painstakenly signs each and every label you see on these.

I also just got a 100% confirmation of the new insert in the works for these 25th anniv. "Mercanti" sets. Attention label collectors everywhere image

Wondercoin >>

Another indication that drama is beginning to creep into all facets of our lives. imageimage
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm holding out for the 5th Anniversary of the 25th Anniversary Labels.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I am told that John painstakenly signs each and every label you see on these.

Wondercoin >>

Blue ink or black?image

My gawd, what if he signed one in red! image

• Options
    The Mercanti 70s seem to be holding at around $1900-$2000. Seems more popular than the regular tombstone. I think PCGS may be changing the insert because their are two labels that are very similar and the only difference is the signature. This may be confusing the buyers of these sets. They should be two completely looking labels.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mercanti 70s seem to be holding at around $1900-$2000. Seems more popular than the regular tombstone. I think PCGS may be changing the insert because their are two labels that are very similar and the only difference is the signature. This may be confusing the buyers of these sets. They should be two completely looking labels. >>

So you think adding yet another label will ease some of that confusion?? image
  • Options

<< <i>The Mercanti 70s seem to be holding at around $1900-$2000. Seems more popular than the regular tombstone. I think PCGS may be changing the insert because their are two labels that are very similar and the only difference is the signature. This may be confusing the buyers of these sets. They should be two completely looking labels. >>

The similarity makes it very easy to confuse them, though the PCGS fee for the signature inserts are $50/set more than for the signature-less.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    So when is the revision to the Mercanti label going to be announced?

I have skin in the original Mercanti label game and now a revision?

Hopefully, the revision to the Mercanti label is based on edition and that the first Mercanti label sets are limited to a total of 1000 ea of 69 + 70 combined and a new Mercanti signature label emerges and is limited in number, too.
  • Options
    I think dealers may be jumping in on some of these sets at these prices.
  • Options

<< <i>And the first Mercanti label sets are limited to a total of 1000 ea of 69 + 70 combined and a new Mercanti signature label emerges and is limited in number, too. >>

I didn't know that so thanks for posting. Do you have any links to where this was posted by someone from PCGS by chance? I'm simply curious and would like to learn more image.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>And the first Mercanti label sets are limited to a total of 1000 ea of 69 + 70 combined and a new Mercanti signature label emerges and is limited in number, too. >>

I didn't know that so thanks for posting. Do you have any links to where this was posted by someone from PCGS by chance? I'm simply curious and would like to learn more image. >>

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I'm speculating that this is what I HOPE is happening.

Need a PCGS announcement.

Edited my post to avoid confusion.

But it would be nice if the Mercantis turn out to be a limited edition label.

• Options

<< <i>I'm holding out for the 5th Anniversary of the 25th Anniversary Labels. >>

imageimageimageimageimage

I usually do not give out a "5" count image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

I also just got a 100% confirmation of the new insert in the works for these 25th anniv. "Mercanti" sets. Attention label collectors everyhere image

Wondercoin >>

how many will you get?
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    Not sure. I would no mind have some of each.

Wondercoin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file