Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

what is the value of a omega counterfiet $10 gold indian

have a shot at one and didnt know a value to collectors
POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly not common so a hefty premium would most likely be attached. Here's a bit from
    Wikipedia: Two of the counterfeit $10 gold pieces, the 1913-P and 1926-P, have the omega placed upside down within the upper loop of the "R" of "LIBERTY" in the Indian's headdress.[5][6]

Good luck and can't wait to see the pics.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen or heard of a $10 gold Indian omega, only the $20 gold HR.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I'd pay a premium for it, I think they're cool!

-Paul
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never seen or heard of a $10 gold Indian omega, only the $20 gold HR. >>

There's also an Omega 1882 gold $3 with the greek letter omega in the loop of the R in LIBERTY. Never heard of the Omega $10 Indians though.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    this one is a 1910
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options
    IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭
    The $10 Indians that allegedly have an 'omega' inside the 'R' of LIBERTY are usually genuine.
    I have never heard of an actual Omega counterfeit $10 Indian.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not pay a brass farthing over melt.

I don't approve of this stuff. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay 10% under melt in case it was not 92% gold.
    I also do not approve of paying a premium for a counterfeit.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Why would you want to buy this crap? Buy a real 1910 gold Indian $10.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're OK because the mint never made them with an omega symbol

They're fantasy issues.

Sounds good to me image
  • Options

<< <i>They're OK because the mint never made them with an omega symbol

They're fantasy issues.

Sounds good to me image >>

POTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    So is the short answer that no one here knows what a value would be?

No one has seen one change hands?
  • Options

<< <i>So is the short answer that no one here knows what a value would be? >>

As already pointed out, it's a fake so it would only be worth melt value.

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So is the short answer that no one here knows what a value would be? >>

As already pointed out, it's a fake so it would only be worth melt value. >>

There are heavy collectors of well-known counterfeits in every hobby imaginable. Fake Monets go for serious money if they can be identified to specific forgers.

There is quite a demand for those 1964 Peace dollars out there image

Demand grows for Chinese Art Forgeries
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would want an expert to view it to determine if it is a) real, b) a "real" omega fake, or c) a fake of a fake...before I assigned a value. Maybe someone like Julian or maybe Doug Winter (don't actually know if he's seen an omega).
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would want an expert to view it to determine if it is a) real, b) a "real" omega fake, or c) a fake of a fake...before I assigned a value. Maybe someone like Julian or maybe Doug Winter (don't actually know if he's seen an omega). >>

If a fake is a fake of a fake, does it make a sound?
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quote]The $10 Indians that allegedly have an 'omega' inside the 'R' of LIBERTY are usually genuine.

I have never heard of an actual Omega counterfeit $10 Indian.[/Quote]

Just opened this old thread while doing some research. There are no "omega" $10 Indians known. The $10 design has a HUB MARK inside the loop of the "R".
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will someone post a picture of one????
  • Options
    AberlightAberlight Posts: 384 ✭✭
    I too would like to see a picture. Must be irritating to post a request for people to only suggest that the item is crap and then continue to bash your info request. Guess some people care more about the number of comments they have vs providing relevant info.

So is the produced in gold or plated? Sounds cool. Lets see an example.
  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was from five years ago... If he didn't buy it I doubt he has pictures and even if I did I am guessing it has been sold or he isn't active.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy counterfeits. They a plague on the hobby.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not buy it period, its fake. It probably belongs in a book or special museum collection of counterfeits.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Insider2
    Originally posted by: IrishMikey
    The $10 Indians that allegedly have an 'omega' inside the 'R' of LIBERTY are usually genuine.
    I have never heard of an actual Omega counterfeit $10 Indian.

Just opened this old thread while doing some research. There are no "omega" $10 Indians known. The $10 design has a HUB MARK inside the loop of the "R".

Good to know there are no Omega counterfeits of the eagles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this 'Old Thread Resurrection Day?... Second one on the Omega Man...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    One does dovetail into the other.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not learned how to post pictures on this site and unfortunately, I am not interested in learning as I am computer illiterate. Just go to PCGS Coin Facts an pull up an image of a $10 and look in the "R."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file