Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Palestine 100 Mil Safe Deposit Find!

Earlier today this lot sold for a very high price.

At first glance and close look the middle piece looks like the very rare 1931 in an MS grade.
However after looking at it long and hard - I've come to the conclusion this is actually a 1935. Or is it?
The top piece seems to be dated 1931 - but looks cleaned.
The question many wondered - was were the other dates NOT shown - '33? '34? or?

If you are out there and won this one - would you kindly email me or PM so my curiosity will be set back to normal.

Notice 3 of the 7 - a shown reverse only, and DATES were not available - nor was I able to get dates from the seller. Decsriptions was based strictly from an appraiser.

Seems it was one of those rare opportunities...or was it?

Comments?

Text

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How could someone bid so high without getting the particulars? perhaps questions were asked during the auction. Could be a great find!
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were no answers given. The seller didn't even know what he has. He just wrote (7) 100 Mils no dates. no grades. no nuthin.
    I asked him for dates at least....but he sent a generic answer stating they have no other info and we recognize that may influence your bid.
    Well no kidding lol.
  • Options
    I thought that, given the seller, the auction was purposely photographed that way in order to get greedy bargain hunters bidding their a**es off. Looked like it worked. There are NO free lunches!
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Gary I agree - I did not want to spell it out that way but I believe it was staged. As was the other 5 seperate auctions for the other denominations.

Between the two dates - at this particular grouping - is a difference of about $150 give or take and way over $5000 for a '31 in MS63 or higher image

I hope for the sake of the buyer that at least there is a '34 or a '33 amongst the 3 "mystery" pieces - otherwise someone lost $2500.
  • Options
    Apparently nobody bothered to look at who the seller is. This is an unclaimed/seized property auction run by a state government agency. They know zero about the items they are selling, and could care less. Its all profit for them.