something like that but I feel they should know what they have and not
misrepresent the coin.

Thoughts Please

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Now it is to my understanding that if
    it ain't on the holder then it ain't a Redfiled, Right? >>

From this website:

"The Dollars were marketed by Paramount International Coin Corp. The holders were labeled MS60 and MS65. Some holders were labeled "A Silver Dollar from The Redfield Collection" and some were lableled "US Silver Dollar, Paramount International Coin Corp." without the reference to Redfield."

In addition, Heritage currently has one of the "US Silver Dollar, Paramount International Coin Corp. without the reference to Redfield" holdered dollars listed for auction, described as a Redfield dollar.

<< <i>Thoughts Please >>

You might want to be sure what is and what ain't before proceeding further. image

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that paramount ran out of redfield holders during the slabbing process and had to use regular holders instead.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    Only the Paramount holders which specifically state "Redfield Collection" are indeed Redfield dollars. Paramount holders which DO NOT state "Redfield Collection" are not Redfield dollars. For example, I have an 1878 8 Tail Feather Morgan in a Paramount holder which properly does NOT state Redfield Collection. This follows along Highfill's Encyclopedia, page 93+, where the dates and mint marks from the hoard are listed. 1878 is represented in the hoard only by dollars from the San Fransisco mint.
    I understand that Paramount continued to utilize the "Redfield style" holders until the quantity left over from holdering the hoard was used up. I think herein lies the confusion.
    Bud
    Proud recipient of the coveted "YOU SUCK!" Award, 6/03/07, 2/03/08, and 10/27/08.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file