Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official Detroit Lions..."Here we come Indianapolis Superbowl XLVI" Thread!!!

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
Don't laugh....it could happen!!! image Like many other teams say..."Just wait 'til next year!" Could THIS.....be the year of the Lion? image

Comments

• Options
    The whole team bought tickets? Will they be sitting together to watch the game?
  • Options
  • Options
    Hater! image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lions are getting better every year, they have seriously done well with drafting much better than in the past, not to mention the Curse of Bobby Layne is well over by now by now image
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    The Lions ARE improving, but 2 areas will kill them this year in my opinion. No running game and terrible defensive backfield.
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose if the 2002 Buccaneers and 2009 Saints could pull it off...
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    They looked pretty good in the 2008 preseason too!
  • Options
    Lifelong southeast Michigander here and I do not like the Lions. Never have, never will.

I root for total chaos every year because it makes for hilarious sports talk radio.

Never, ever would I give a penny of my money to that sad-sack organization.

Don't let me down, Lions.....

If you are a true fan, Hallco, then I feel for you. If they ever win the Super Bowl, this town will absolutely implode with excitement (but I'll be bummed). image
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    hopefully they are improving. Would love to see suh deck rodgers.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well after 0-16 they had no where to go but up.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>Lifelong southeast Michigander here and I do not like the Lions. Never have, never will.

I root for total chaos every year because it makes for hilarious sports talk radio.

Never, ever would I give a penny of my money to that sad-sack organization.

Don't let me down, Lions.....

If you are a true fan, Hallco, then I feel for you. If they ever win the Super Bowl, this town will absolutely implode with excitement (but I'll be bummed). image >>

I grew up in SE Michigan also and although I never really considered myself a fan as a child...I REALLY enjoyed watching Barry Sanders! And some of the teams they had in the 90s were actually competitive! They have been a real mess the last 10+ years and Thanksgiving Day Lions football has certainly not as fun as it was in the 90s...but I wouldn't mind seeing them succeed (or at least be .500 or better this season either! image Thanks for all of the replies! image
  • Options
    I think detroit should return to the draft stratgey that they once employed. Take a WR with their first pick every year.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    They should be a much-improved team this year, barring injuries to Stafford, Suh, Calvin, or Best. I really expect them to be right around 8-9 wins. I think that they need a year or two of winning experience to get into double digit wins, but still expect them to contend for a playoff spot. Their DB's are their glaring weakness, but that front 7 should make them look much better than they are. Preseason means nothing, but this team was improving throughout last year so my opinion is based of from that fact, coupled with their activity in FA. Again, health is the key. If Stafford goes down, all bets are off... again. image
  • Options
    Felt the need to bump this thread since the Lions are making me eat my words so far through the first 3 weeks.
  • Options
    To this point, Calvin has been nothing short of amazing. Stafford has been very good, for the most part. A few mistakes, but this guy still has less than 15 professional starts. Their running game has been lackluster, although Best has been good with the screens. Titus has made some stellar catches already. Lots of offensive weapons. Their defense has been pretty decent. Their DB's have looked a lot better than I could have expected. Dline hasn't gotten the pressure that I've expected from them, but still done well overall. There's still work to do, but there is one thing that's obvious to me. They have figured out how to win. As long as they continue to show improvement each week, I'm happy. Going down by 20 isn't recommended again this season though, unless it's against Minny in the first half again. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sincerely happy for Lions fans, I remember the days of not even expecting a good showing from my beloved Patriots, The Lions have come a long way, You guys got a great nucleus of players and anything is possible
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    lions are looking pretty good. good luck til thanksgiving.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Big bump for all the Lions fans out there (not me).

4-0 and three road wins already!
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would love to see suh deck rodgers. >>

That goes without saying!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    If there has ever been a better example of the concept of "addition by subtraction" than the firing of Matt Millen, I'm yet to see it.