Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just a general Drunner "Thanks" to the Forum . .

DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK, I understand there are those who need esoteric die states and bizarre questions on cuds, toning, polls, and the continual eBay schtick, but allow me my bi-monthly rant on positivism, please, then I'll fade away.

My thanks to many members here who have helped me find items to add to my collection, sent fun PMs, and generally allowed me to have a great time learning, associating, and participating on these Boards. I have had a chance to add several really fun items to my main target set due to efforts of Board members . . .learned much as always from others, and had a chance to confer, have dialogue, and question other numismatists who have made the hobby extremely satisfying.

I am not going to list anyone here, but you must realize, I know who you are (and there are MANY) ! Board members who have never even met me have spent time to hook me up (as recently as today) with GREAT additions to my collection, advice here and there, and just friendship and camaraderie.

My thanks to all, and I certainly appreciate my time here. I feel sorry for those who can't just have a good time and profit educationally from the VAST knowledge base here (as well as the numismatic connections you can make!!!). I mainly just wanted to thank many Board members here who make the place personal, fun, and an overall learning experience. I may never meet them . . . but they have had an impact on my collecting life (and life enjoyment in general) for sure!

Many 'nice guys' abound here . . . and they never get the appreciation they are due . . . . .

Drunner
(Not going to mention my personal plastic deviation here for fear of being self-serving)

Comments

• Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We love you too Jeff. image
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post. There are indeed a lot of very helpful and friendly people here.

"Personal Plastic Deviation" PPD (new numis acronym, also happens to be a TB test) image
  • Options
    USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    image This really is a great forum with some great people. I enjoy being able to read posts and relate to people who have interests similar to my own. Reading about different coins/tokens/medals(and plastic holders image ) that are outside my area of collecting is enjoyable and informative.
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome... Now just post the darn coin! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>image

Word!

image >>

imageimage
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

ABimage
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    YOU are the BEST (no offense to other great members), my friend....and I am honored that I can say that. Anyone who's life you have touched, and I don't mean just numismatically, has to be a better person for it. You allowed me to be a sounding board when I needed it, are going out of you're way to get that write up from me printed (haven't forgotten about that....practices are a bit tougher than I imagined on the coaching side.....could have used some advice from you on that one!). In short, you have been, besides my immediate family, one of my BIGGEST supporters.....not bad for a guy that lives about 2,500 miles away. You have, personally, been an inspiration to me, a supporter of mine, and I consider you a friend. I'm a better person just for having had the pleasure of knowing you, Jeff, so thank you!

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KOOL !!! image
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again to all . .

Your contributions to the Boards are appreciated by many . . . .not the least of which is me.

Nighty-nite to all . . . . . .and a GREAT holiday to everyone!

Drunner
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Your welcome... Now just post the darn coin! imageimage >>

imageimage
  • Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a pleasure. I tell my friends this place beats Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace, CNN, FOX, Reuters, WSJ, NGC, eBay and any other website in the universe. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the other things but my friends think I'm a geek and too old fashioned. That's why I order moderns from the U.S. Mint.

This is a non-paid advertisement for the promotion of coins, as well as collecting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file