Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just wondering if I am nuts? I wonder if anyone else ever is quite this nuts about condition rariti

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, #1 in a mini-mini type set registry with PCGS for the past 8 years.

But now #2, #3 and #4 as well????

#5 closing in as well?

Thinking of The Oreville VI set to boot?

Anyone else ever go this crazy?

Set Registry U.S. Coins - Private Issues & Territorial Gold California Fractional Gold - Mini Type Set Text
A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I noticed that last night... my first thought was "Man! oreville is NUTS!" image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Maybe time to branch out to a little larger set? Or maybe you just really like those particular coins.
  • ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    I prefer to think that you are just very, very enthusiastic.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have 12 step programs for those with addictions/problems you know. That is nuts! ...but at the same time SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO DARN COOL! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I think of it, I wonder if I am trying to keep myself occupied and amused while taking so many years to complete the full 554 piece California Fractional gold period 1 and period 2 set.

Heck after 44 YEARS, I am only 20% complete. In reality, I have been pushing hard on this set for the past 15 plus years.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Now that I think of it, I wonder if I am trying to keep myself occupied and amused while taking so many years to complete the full 554 piece California Fractional gold period 1 and period 2 set.

Heck after 44 YEARS, I am only 20% complete. In reality, I have been pushing hard on this set for the past 15 plus years. >>

You should author a book on them! Are they that difficult to find or are you just picky (for your 5 sets!) image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question about the value. Are these coins growing in value better than most savings options readily availble?
    I know most hobby coins are not really supposed to be considered investments but truely rarer coins seem to be doing pretty well.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were a couple high grade(at least one was an MS67) in the last StacksBowers Auction I think. The 67 was beautiful but when you got to the lower grades on some of those things they can look pretty rough. I was watching the 67 because I thought it was really cool...but then it went over a few grand and I stopped watching.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    That type of behavior is crazy?? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file