Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody know eBay'er "jcjcjc007" You may want to block him. Case Closed

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
This clown wins an auction, then wants out because he feels I have a shill bidder that bid the auction up. Auction in question.

Copy of his emails:

"Dear utahcoinshop,

I'm calling foul on this auction. I'm on a quest to uncover sellers who pump up their prices. This coin is a $135 dollar item on bluesheets and $170 on grey. The bidder just below me I'm sure will buy your coin for $260 if he really wants it. I believe that person is you or someone you know. Cancel this or I will complain to ebay about your tactics. If your in the coin business you know this coin has been WAY over valued and again I call foul.
- jcjcjc007"

My reply

Dear jcjcjc007,

Hello,
You have made a serious allegation of shill bidding regarding this auction. I have never used a shill bidder in my life, nor have I ever considered it. Your lack of numismatic knowledge is evident in your statement regarding Blue Sheet and Grey Sheet pricing which fail to consider the type of holder a coin is in. I will stipulate that the coin brought more than I thought it would but that fact alone does not prove anything. I once had a very nicely toned 1966 Special Mint Set that sold for $200, more than 10 time "Sheet" price.

My take on this is that you wanted the coin, placed a nuclear bid and wound up winning at more than you wanted to spend, and are now looking for a way out. I have already notified eBay and forwarded your first message to them. I look forward to receiving your payment in a timely manner
- utahcoinshop

His reply,
Dear utahcoinshop,

Your must not know coins at all. Anyone who reads those sheets knows they are mainly for PCGS and NGC graded sight and sight-unseen coins. The pattern of bidding displayed clearly denotes shilling. I welcome the inquiry from EBAY. My ability to purchase coins that are fairly put up for auction is no secret. Watching sellers bid up coins way beyond their actual value is what I live to find, because I hope to get them kicked of ebay so honest sellers can do business. You'll get paid when ebay proves to me that I haven't been defrauded by shilling and I've contacted the $260 "other" bidder.
- jcjcjc007

I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    blocked

More details make it a block.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    That bidder is a bum
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<My take on this is that you wanted the coin, placed a nuclear bid and wound up winning at more than you wanted to spend, and are now looking for a way out>>

Man up and pay for the coin, or don't bid. Most likely this is why he's whinnng.
    Another reason I like the BST, no BS, people say what they mean,
    and mean what they say. Good luck Utah.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    He won it, plain and simple. He's looking for a way out. And I bet he's just feeling incredibly stupid right now. Behind that keyboard, he's thinking man, I don't have the money, but instead of just saying that, I'm going to blame this seller for my own stupidity.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>His reply,
    Dear utahcoinshop,

...Watching sellers bid up coins way beyond their actual value is what I live to find, because I hope to get them kicked of ebay so honest sellers can do business.....
    - jcjcjc007 >>

This guy needs to get a life if this is what he lives for. Srsly. That is crazy.

Blocked.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you UtahCoin! FIRMLY blocked for his pure arrogance and malevolence.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

Looks like his other wins where at or just under Greysheet and when he wins
    one over GS he gets goofy. If it was me I would just cancel the deal and block
    the guy and ask for FVF refund and move on. Ya never know just who's on the
    other end of the deal and he sounds like he is in love with a Disney Character.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let see he want a OGH coin for what?
    Sorry the guy is nuts but I think I would cancel the auction for him because there is every likelyhood he will mess with your feedback.
    And yes I am blocking him.
    Good Lucck!!!!
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I start all my auctions above blue and grey sheets... I guess I won't need to block this bidder! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    If he was so worried about sheet price why did he bid at $250.00 and then again somewhere over $265.00?
    PCGS price guide for the item was $210.00.
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely out of his mind.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options

<< <i>This clown wins an auction, then wants out because he feels I have a shill bidder that bid the auction up. Auction in question.

Copy of his emails:

"Dear utahcoinshop,

I'm calling foul on this auction. I'm on a quest to uncover sellers who pump up their prices. This coin is a $135 dollar item on bluesheets and $170 on grey. The bidder just below me I'm sure will buy your coin for $260 if he really wants it. I believe that person is you or someone you know. Cancel this or I will complain to ebay about your tactics. If your in the coin business you know this coin has been WAY over valued and again I call foul.
    - jcjcjc007"

My reply

Dear jcjcjc007,

Hello,
    You have made a serious allegation of shill bidding regarding this auction. I have never used a shill bidder in my life, nor have I ever considered it. Your lack of numismatic knowledge is evident in your statement regarding Blue Sheet and Grey Sheet pricing which fail to consider the type of holder a coin is in. I will stipulate that the coin brought more than I thought it would but that fact alone does not prove anything. I once had a very nicely toned 1966 Special Mint Set that sold for $200, more than 10 time "Sheet" price.

My take on this is that you wanted the coin, placed a nuclear bid and wound up winning at more than you wanted to spend, and are now looking for a way out. I have already notified eBay and forwarded your first message to them. I look forward to receiving your payment in a timely manner
    - utahcoinshop

His reply,
    Dear utahcoinshop,

Your must not know coins at all. Anyone who reads those sheets knows they are mainly for PCGS and NGC graded sight and sight-unseen coins. The pattern of bidding displayed clearly denotes shilling. I welcome the inquiry from EBAY. My ability to purchase coins that are fairly put up for auction is no secret. Watching sellers bid up coins way beyond their actual value is what I live to find, because I hope to get them kicked of ebay so honest sellers can do business. You'll get paid when ebay proves to me that I haven't been defrauded by shilling and I've contacted the $260 "other" bidder.
    - jcjcjc007 >>

What a moron! I would have made mention, though, that it was an OGH and PQ for the grade. I know the price is a bit high for a 65; however, I think the coin should at least "plus" if resubmitted. BLOCKED!!!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Blocked.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    OffMetalOffMetal Posts: 1,684
    I wonder if the bid retractions by a "newbie" made the auction look like a shill?

0***j ( 8 ) US $265.00 Jun-29-11 21:29:12 PDT
    ------------------
    t***j ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days) Retracted: US $300.00
    Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: Jun-29-11 21:07:50 PDT
    Retracted: Jun-29-11 21:45:14 PDT
    ------------------
    s***r ( 129) US $260.00 Jun-29-11 20:45:00 PDT
    0***j ( 8 ) US $250.00 Jun-29-11 20:16:16 PDT
    ------------------
    Member Id: t***j ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days) Retracted: US $300.00
    Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: Jun-29-11 20:14:03 PDT
    Retracted: Jun-29-11 20:17:28 PDT
    ------------------
    s***r ( 129) US $245.00 Jun-29-11 20:44:40 PDT
    s***r ( 129) US $225.00 Jun-29-11 20:44:18 PDT
    s***r ( 129) US $210.00 Jun-29-11 20:43:57 PDT

Aside from the retracted bids, the bidding pattern of the underbidder looks very common and looks like the aim was to outbid the other person rather than be the underbidder. The underbidder placed bids until he was the high bidder and left it at that. I see no attempts bump up the price on the high bidder.

Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thanks, I don't hvae the time to deal with such imbeciles...
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <----dumbfounded

+1
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thanks!
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx.
  • Options
    Sorry for your problems. thanks for the name, blocked! Did you have a refund offer on the auction, if so I would cancel it and let him out before you get the bad feedack and the return anyway. Good luck
  • Options
    Question to "SeatedDime": Why the "unblocked"?

I don't sell much, but this guy sounds like the enemy of any seller.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me get this straight, this guy shill bids for his own account to help "uncover" other possible shill bidders? And when he ends up paying too much
    because he locked horns with another "refuse to lose" type, then it must be shill bidding. Just amazing logic.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Blocked. No time for this kind of crap.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    Blocked. Thanks
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads up

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Guy puts up a bid and doesn't want to pay up, and then it's your fault? Blocked!!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the fact that he can quote sheet prices and still bids well over them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blocked him. I hope at some point in the near future he figures out he's been blocked by 30 or so sellers and wonders why.
    What a bum.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like this idiot needs to stick to walkers and leave Morgans alone.

BLOCKED.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for saving us the grief. Blocked! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't a non-paying winner get three strikes before eBay gives him the boot? If he is reported to eBay, can he retaliate with negative feedback? Hopefully, this guy's days on eBay are numbered.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Blocked - and thanks for the heads-up.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blocked.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The kooks on eBay sure make for some interesting threads here!

I'm pretty sure I know how the eBay "investigation" will turn out.
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

A complete nut-case. I guess he feels if he makes wild allegations he might win half the time. Since when is paying a premium in an open auction unusual?? Look at the Billy the Kid photograph. $2.3M on a $400K estimate.
  • Options
    Just refuse his bid and offer it to the second highest bidder or re-list the item. Document all communication with this buyer and block them from bidding any future auctions.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You'll get paid when ebay proves to me that I haven't been defrauded by shilling and I've contacted the $260 "other" bidder. >>

I would love to know how he contacted your underbidder!!

BLOCKED
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just refuse his bid and offer it to the second highest bidder or re-list the item. Document all communication with this buyer and block them from bidding any future auctions. >>

Wouldn't you also report him to eBay?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just refuse his bid and offer it to the second highest bidder or re-list the item. Document all communication with this buyer and block them from bidding any future auctions. >>

I agree. Good idea. Just ignore him. I know it's tough...
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you make him do the deal, he will probably return the coin and neg you.
    Larry

• Options

<< <i>If you make him do the deal, he will probably return the coin and neg you. >>

image this is just too much of a possiblity to mess with him and I bet he knows it.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blocked here as well. unreal on buyers part. if he thought that why did the big dummy bid then?
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blocked, thanks
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I agree. Good idea. Just ignore him. I know it's tough... >>

If he disqualifies jcjcjc007's bids, then he will have to sell it to the underbidder for $210, which is not bad as that is the PCGS guide price value.

Cheers!

Kirk
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    How do you "block" a bidder from the "My e-bay" page?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    Blocked; thanks for the tip.

I would do as some of the others have suggested...let him out of the deal. Even if he pays, he's just going to make up an excuse and file a SNAD for a return...

1) you'll lose listing/closing fees (including paypal fees)
    2) you'll lose shipping and handling costs
    3) you'll get neg feedback
    4) this guy is nuts and will now have your home address after he files the SNAD
    5) you'll lose all the time you've already lost and will lose dealing with this scumbag

This just isn't worth it; cancel the transaction so he can't neg feedback you and be done with it.
    Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How do you "block" a bidder from the "My e-bay" page? >>

They don't make it easy! Go to "sitemap" at the bottom of your ebay page and it will offer the option. Or, type in "block bidder" under help.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.....the letters 'jcjcjc'......those (jc) are the initials of one of our favorite ex (and now current under an alt) members known for causing trouble......I wonder?????
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for the head-up.

This horrid "buyer" is BLOCKED! What an ignorant, jerk!

That said, I would just cancel the sale - it's just not worth it. If you don't you'll get a neg., he can always just send it back, etc...

Ebay is just so stacked against the seller that you just can't win one like this.

It's bad enough for the jerk to try to get out of the sale, but the shill charges are so over the top and totally unwarranted. I think that you are absolutely right to mount a very strong defense against them.

His argument is just so utterly stupid. If he does not think that the coin is worth the price, then WHY did he make at bid at that price????? Totally nuts.

Again, thanks very much for making us aware of this jerk.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750

<< <i>Blocked; thanks for the tip.

I would do as some of the others have suggested...let him out of the deal. Even if he pays, he's just going to make up an excuse and file a SNAD for a return...

1) you'll lose listing/closing fees (including paypal fees)
    2) you'll lose shipping and handling costs
    3) you'll get neg feedback
    4) this guy is nuts and will now have your home address after he files the SNAD
    5) you'll lose all the time you've already lost and will lose dealing with this scumbag

This just isn't worth it; cancel the transaction so he can't neg feedback you and be done with it. >>

I agree! It's not worth the aggrivation! Blocked!
  • Options
    Why did he bid more than what he thought it was worth? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file