Home U.S. Coin Forum

Merc Dime sold for 2x PCGS Retail...

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
All due to a little tarnish in an OGH.

No biggie, no surprise...just figured I would share since this was an auction I was watching a week or so ago...someone might be hoping to get that into a 68FB Holder?
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Seriously? Did you have to post this and remind me image

PS The new owner has seen the coin in hand and I think would agree that it is a solid MS67FB. I dont think he was chasing an upgrade! Mind-blowing coin in hand
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Attractive! The coin looks nice too! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

• << <i>Attractive! The coin looks nice too! image >>

Coin was flawless!!! Just lacked a teeny bit of luster to go 68...This year has some real booming luster coins. My MS69FB is blinding!
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Attractive! The coin looks nice too! image >>

Coin was flawless!!! Just lacked a teeny bit of luster to go 68...This year has some real booming luster coins. My MS69FB is blinding! >>

That was my guess as well. Nice for a 67 but I kinda thought the photos didn't show enough luster to merit an upgrade in holder. Maybe a 67+FB though?...not worth the money to submit though. I thought it would have been a nice coin for about $300-350 but I could not see myself chasing that thing higher. I never even placed a bid(usually snipe in the last few seconds).
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin....too nice for my set!
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    A little dip and the coin, will be all better.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file