Home Precious Metals
Options

Valcambi 50g "Combi-Bar" Gold now for sale; Silver in August

Like a Hershey bar, you can break off 1g pieces. We've had Twix or KitKats in silver, surely this idea was bound to come along! image

What do y'all think? Seems like an 'innovative' idea for those preparing for the worst, anticipating barter again in the future (I guess you'd be doing assays, etc) or maybe when the grandkids come over, and you break them off a few 1g's for being such darlings.

edited: Been up for a sale couple of weeks (GOLD) for a premium. Site says Silver will be available in August...

Retail shop for Valcambi Products including CombiBars
Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but people will complain that their fragment only weighs 0.99998 gram, while the next one weighs 1.00002 gram.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats actually pretty cool. I could see them staying intact for the most part, with the future ability to "make change" in the unlikely event TSHTF

I don't see the little pieces being bought and sold very often in normal circumstances, for the reason capt. H says, as well as the pieces seeming too "scrappy"

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that Valcambi did not produce these for Credit Suisse.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm surprised that Valcambi did not produce these for Credit Suisse. >>

I don't know if they still produce for Credit Suisse anymore. Lately I've seen them market their own brand Valcambi Suisse on silver and gold bars. I was under the impression that they do not at this time produce for Credit Suisse.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    TheBigBTheBigB Posts: 942

<< <i>Interesting, but people will complain that their fragment only weighs 0.99998 gram, while the next one weighs 1.00002 gram.
    TD >>

It's a gimmick, but I want the big piece.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Interesting, but people will complain that their fragment only weighs 0.99998 gram, while the next one weighs 1.00002 gram.
    TD >>

It's a gimmick, but I want the big piece. >>

Size matters.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    brought to you by the same country that gave the world Swiss chocolate. image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm surprised that Valcambi did not produce these for Credit Suisse. >>

I don't know if they still produce for Credit Suisse anymore. Lately I've seen them market their own brand Valcambi Suisse on silver and gold bars. I was under the impression that they do not at this time produce for Credit Suisse.

imageimageimage >>

Thanks, that would make sense, since Newmont Mining in 2003 purchased Valcambi from Credit Suisse.....Is Credit Suisse out of the bullion selling business? All of their PM's was refined by Valcambi....Does anyone know?
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that is very cool.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    very cool but each section should be stamped so that if you do break it off, others will know what is the weight.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting but I'm not interested in buying one.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>very cool but each section should be stamped so that if you do break it off, others will know what is the weight. >>

They are.
  • Options
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

You de manimage
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    It's going to take me a while to save for one of these, we'll see what happens...
    Not planning on breaking off pieces. If it doesn't catch on and has limited production, it might be a nice novelty item.
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Its pretty cool bar(s)
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    The more I see it, the more I like it. I think it would be better if they could impress the serial number(s) on each piece. But that might be tough to do mechanically and logistically.

At $1536 an ounce, each gram is "worth" almost exactly $50.

Thoughts about practicality? How would you "use" 1 gram bars?
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    If I wanted 50 gold 1 gram bars in my stack, i'd probably rather have a couple boxes of these rather than the "breakable" bar.

Pamps
  • Options
    The pamp bars make more sense ...but the kitkat bar is way cooler.

Groucho Marx
  • Options
    since they are each stamped 1 gram, I like them! Great idea!

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    How about this?

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, what's the pricetag on that silver one?
  • Options
    does anyone see a price on the gold and silver breakable bars?

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked on that shop/buy link they had but it's just a billboard site. Didn't see any selling that I could find.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think they've got pricing yet. Maybe they're too new?

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Try this link on Monday...but it appears that they are only available at this time to approved bullion wholesalers...

Combibar
  • Options

<< <i>The pamp bars make more sense ...but the kitkat bar is way cooler. >>

image Nothing wrong with having some of each! Practicality AND Coolness can co-exist just fine in one's vault-- now I've got to work more OT for those baby Pamps image

Like Doc said, it's a bulletin or dead link when you click through their site to the retail shop (OPA linked that one). I thought I would try again next week. On Google search, some of the other PM forums out there have been talking about them since March, so hopefully they will be available soon. Struck out on ebay search.

Retail shop

Yes, the Silvers are way cool, too, thanks for Pics, Weiss image
  • Options
    image the Gold ones are up on the site now, first post with link to retail store...
  • Options
    Not outrageously expensive.
    Groucho Marx