Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

So Cal Collectors..We have a show

Comments

• CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Forgot how to link...image

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • r00kies101r00kies101 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Thanks for that, haven't been to a show in ages. Anyone familiar with them, worth going?
  • I know a vendor from the east coast who is going. I have purchased a lot of high end cards from him. My business is in Glendale, so I will stop by on Friday or Saturday. I would love to know who is going and meet some of you from the board.

Please drop me a PM if you are going, I would love to meet up with some of you.

Brian Friedman (captainthreeputt)
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'll probably go at least one day.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    The show is this coming weekend, and all the autograph times are TBA. image

Of course, since other than Bob Gibson, all the autograph guests are former Dodgers who regularly do free signing events on behalf of the Dodgers, I'm not sure how much their start times matter.

It's not a knock on Messrs. Davis, Garvey, and Downing - all 3 are great ambassadors of baseball and seem to really enjoy interacting with fans. It's just that any serious Dodger fan or autograph collector in the L.A. area has likely gotten their autograph several times already without paying (or free with admission to something).

Nick

Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that when I first saw this thread, I thought it was possibly about Cal Ripken....

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    I am so there Saturday.
  • I'll be there late Saturday afternoon, although I'll probably spending a lot $$ sending items to PSA/DNA or PSA Grading.
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple cut auto's from Doran that I would like to get slabbed. Any idea on how much it would cost and if I need to have a PSA membership to get it done?
  • MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    If PSA/DNA is there, does that mean PSA is also doing on site grading?
    Not necessasarily. PSA/DNA comes often to shows by themselves.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Will they be doing on site grading? No. The only show according to the PSA show schedule
    that they will offer on site grading will be at the National.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • We will be there taking submissions only for PSA and PSA/DNA.

We will be offing ITP service for the signers at the show only. We will not be offering authentication for previously signed items.

Carol

<< <i>We will be there taking submissions only for PSA and PSA/DNA.

We will be offing ITP service for the signers at the show only. We will not be offering authentication for previously signed items.

Carol >>

Carol,

Could you tell me how much it would be for someone w/o a PSA membership to get a cut auto slabbed?

Thank you,
    Paul
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I will be there Saturday.

who else?
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • captainthreeputtcaptainthreeputt Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    I am going friday around 3:00 when they open, and then I will be there first thing Saturday morning with my 10 year old son. I look forward to meeting some of you. I have only met Jimrad and Bman90278. Really nice guys.

Brian Friedman
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian

• << <i>
    Carol,

Could you tell me how much it would be for someone w/o a PSA membership to get a cut auto slabbed?

Thank you,
    Paul >>

Paul,

PSA/DNA doesn't require membership so the cost is dependent on who signed the item.

PSA/DNA Authentication Fees

Carol

Thanks,
    Since there is not going to be same day grading there of course is the shipping fee as well. How often does PSA/DNA have specials?

• << <i>Thanks,
    Since there is not going to be same day grading there of course is the shipping fee as well. How often does PSA/DNA have specials? >>

For PSA/DNA ncapsulated items there are only 3 shows where we offer that service so even if our authenticators are at a show we don't normally offer encapsulation.
    The 3 shows are the 2 Chicago Sun Times shows and the National.

You can check out the PSA/DNA specials under the Collectors Club specials link from the home page.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Just got home after the show. It was nice to see some quality cards and dealers here in SoCal. I made a couple of small purchases and met a few people that I have done deals with but never met.

The best part was hanging with Brian Friedman (captainthreeputt) as we also took the time to grab lunch after a couple hours hanging at the show. Brian and I are frustrated LA Kings hockey fans and we both are having fun with the 1911 C55 hockey set.

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
    I wish I could go this weekend, doing Mother's Day for my family today and my wife's family tomorrow. Dang!
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there around 11 Sunday and probably stay for a few hours walking around.