Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2010 bowman chrome production numbers

Does anyone know how the production numbers for 2010 bowman chrome compare to previous year's bowman chrome? There seems to be a pile of these cards out there. Is it possible that bowman ramped up production after seeing how popular their regular 2010 bowman cards were? Is there any way to know?

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Topps production (current Chrome stuff) has always been based on sales and pre-sales, unless you are buying a serial numbered card I can't see any of it holding much future value, like UD before them they print what they need..
  • Options
    forester7forester7 Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I am left wondering .... if bowman had a type of insert serial numbered to 200 and inserted at a rate of 1 in 1000 for 3 years in a row, wouldn't that guarantee that the number of packages produced in each of the years is the same?

Along the same lines, wouldn't that prevent the company from deciding to print extra cards after they had started? Because to print more packages would change the odds of getting the insert cards from what they started out claiming to be?

Does anyone know if the odds for getting serial numbered cards in bowman chrome changed from 2009 to 2010? If it did, I would think that would prove a change in production numbers.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    2010 refractors were numbered to 777 in 2010 and throw in the retail only purple refractors numbered to 999 kinda tells me that production was massive in 2010 compared to other years
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>2010 refractors were numbered to 777 in 2010 >>

Some refractors weren't numbered at all in the Bowman Chrome Draft product. I've got a number of base refractors from the last few years that didn't get numbered, mostly from the Bowman Draft product.

I haven't looked at a pack of Bowman Chrome lately, but do they give the odds for all of the different colored refractors, or just odds for pulling a refractor in general?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25