Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS "Best of the Registry" Award Certificates

I am curious what these look like. Would anyone care to share?

eaglesea

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    They don't give out certificates for "Best of Registry"... they give out

WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    MAN, I should try much harder! image
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

You just need to be breathing. image
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭
    They don't just automatically send you a certificate if you get Best of Registry. You need to request it.

It's set up this way so that you can get a different name on the certificate instead of what the registry is listed as.

"BEST OF THE REGISTRY CERTIFICATE WINNERS

The owners of 1,784 sets will receive the "Best of the Registry" award icon by their set for being at least 90% complete and in the top spot! Certificates will be gladly printed and mailed at the winner's request. If you are a "Best of the Registry" winner and would like to receive an award certificate, please email setregistry@collectors.com. In addition, let us know if you would like a different name printed on your certificate other than name you use for your set on the website."
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>They don't just automatically send you a certificate if you get Best of Registry. You need to request it.

It's set up this way so that you can get a different name on the certificate instead of what the registry is listed as.

"BEST OF THE REGISTRY CERTIFICATE WINNERS

The owners of 1,784 sets will receive the "Best of the Registry" award icon by their set for being at least 90% complete and in the top spot! Certificates will be gladly printed and mailed at the winner's request. If you are a "Best of the Registry" winner and would like to receive an award certificate, please email setregistry@collectors.com. In addition, let us know if you would like a different name printed on your certificate other than name you use for your set on the website." >>

Must be something new Lee. I've got a number of these over the years and never asked for any of them.
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Must be something new Lee. I've got a number of these over the years and never asked for any of them. >>

The quote is from last years Registry Award Winners Announcement dated 7/26/2010.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    LoveMyLiberty

Thanks - that cert looks so cool. Checked out your set and it's wild! You have the award for 2009 and 2010 as well!

• Options
    Would anyone else care to share? Any Hall of Fame Recipients perhaps?
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>Would anyone else care to share? Any Hall of Fame Recipients perhaps? >>

Look here for other award recipients

Most of the big winners are very shy about their awards. image
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    anyone else care to share?
  • Options
    I've heard PCGS sent out very nice plaques...
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    I believe last year was the first year the certs stopped being automatically sent out (quite possibly '09, but pretty sure last year was the first). One must request them now, but CS is very good at getting them out.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options

<< <i>I've heard PCGS sent out very nice plaques... >>

Yes they did image
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta get one for my daughter's set...
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I've heard PCGS sent out very nice plaques... >>

Yes they did image >>

Here's one of mine from 2008.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file