Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

100+ Merc Price Comparison Today/1 year Ago

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I have this box of about 100 Mercs that range in retail value from $4 to $40 each. I am going to get rid of most of them so I can spend money on other toys. I worked up an Excel Spreadsheet 1 year ago with their date, mint mark, grade and their full retail value according to a popular guide.

Well, I went through the entire list last night using the same popular guide from this month for comparison. Some common dates and some semi-keys...a good mix of dates and grades.

I was not expecting anything...besides maybe a little change up or down on some of the pieces.

The Results Are In - NONE OF THEM CHANGED AT ALL!!! I would have expected 25 cents here or there, a dollar here or there, some up a hair, some down a hair.....BUT ZERO CHANGE was surprising to me.

Just figured I would share.

Greg
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    The silver value has changed in a year! They're worth $271.19 now! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The silver value has changed in a year! They're worth $271.19 now! image >>

Yup, I always sell the 1931-S in AU for $2.71. They seem to be a big hit on the BST for some reason.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file