Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Presidential Dollar pop report numbers in registry sets.

Are first day issue coins and non first day issues completely separate in the pop report? Either can be registered in a basic set, correct? But only the pop of the one you register will show? Is there a list of total coins graded such and such grade, regardless of FDI or Position? I guess I could make up such a list and post it here.

By the way, the actual pop report on the pcgs website seems to be missing half of the presidents.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the FDI and non FDI are completely separate and that either can be included in the basic set.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Mitch. The pop report seems pretty confusing. First thing it seems half the presidents are not even listed. Some are listed as a sum of FDI and non FDI, and when you click the + you see how it breaks down as each. But for Washington there's a whole seperate FDI line and another line that doesn't even specify a position. Yes, it seems if you register a coin only the FDI or non-FDI pop shows, not the sum of both. >>

The isssue with the Washington Dollars is that the first ones graded were without positions. It was later that positions were introduced.
    So, there are Washington Dollars that are without positions. I remember it well since I acquired my ms67 P - A & B in holder without position designation , then sent them back to PCGS to get them holdered with position.

I believe the pop report is a bit confusing with all of the variables out there. There has even a few that were designated "First Day Mintage" FDM - I have not seen these before but must have been from the packing that included a stamp postmark First Day? The Presidential Dollars have gone through quite an evolution of sorts in now the 5th year of production.

BTW: NOW, we have seen the change of the "Satin" to regular business strikes. Seems that the grades are higher than the FDI (Full Box Submissions). Just more to add to the mix!