Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Non-Sport Group Rip?

I have never seen anyone do a non-sport group rip and was wondering if BBCE had anything that would interest enough of us to pull it off?

I will be honest I like ns cards and pick them up every now and then. I have no idea on what is good, bad or even worth collecting I just buy what I like, so please keep that in mind! I looked at his inventory and came up with these.

Option #1:
1970 Topps Flags of the World- $750 less 10% = $675/48 packs = $14.07 per pack

BBCE Comments:

1970 Topps Flags of the World Unopened Wax Box. Box contains 48 unopened packs. Awesome NM-MT to MINT packs!

Option #2:
1979 Topps Wacky Packages Series 1 Wax Box. This is a 1st Series box from the 1979 Reissue Series. Each box contains 36 Packs.Price: $200.00 less 10% = $180/36 = $5 per pack

Option #3:
1979 Topps Wacky Packages Series 2 Wax Box. Box is the 1979 issue with 36 packs per box. Tough series!Price: $250.00 less 10% = $225/36 = $6.25

Option #4:
We could do option 2 and 3, series 1 and 2 for $11.25 per lot

Option #5:
We could do a 70/80's pack run with 25-30 packs for $20-$35 per lot depending on which boxes were chosen.

If we did a pack run I would probably not open my packs and find some way to display them. The packs are so different looking I think it would make for an interesting display.

Would anybody be interested in any of the options? If so and there are nough of us to do it I would be happy to set it up.

Thanks!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

Comments

• Options
    I'd be in for option 1 or 4.

This would be tuff.. Non sports doesn't really have star cards and such like baseball or other, that I'm aware of. Is there an old set out there where the value of certian cards is more then others ?

Good luck with this one, I'm in.
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    If they had '76 Star Trek, '77 Star Wars Series 1 , '85 GPK Series 1 it would be great to do
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>If they had '76 Star Trek, '77 Star Wars Series 1 , '85 GPK Series 1 it would be great to do >>

They do not have boxes of any of those. It looks like the best box they have is this:

1966 Topps Batman Red Bat Partial Unopened Cello Box. This cello box contains 28 unopened cello packs of 1966 Batman. This is the Red Bat version. Each cello pack has 12 cards.

$6900 less 10% = $6,210/28 = $221.79 per pack

That is a partial box, I don't know if it originally had 36 or 48 packs?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options

<< <i>I'd be in for option 1 or 4.

This would be tuff.. Non sports doesn't really have star cards and such like baseball or other, that I'm aware of. Is there an old set out there where the value of certian cards is more then others ?

Good luck with this one, I'm in. >>

If you look at SMR there are certainly some cards that have better value than others. VCP also tracks some NS Cards.

I don't know if any of the options above has any cards of value compared to the other cards in the set? $750 a box for option one is a lot of money compared to other boxes BBCE has listed.

SMR lists the 1956 Flags of the World, but not the 1970 issue.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    I would go in for option 4 ( or even just 2 or 3) if it happens.
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Afternoon,

Option #1.......Box is way overpriced and there are virtually No collectors if your looking to Grade and Flip.

Option #2 & #3 & #4..................You can usually pick up the whole sets for a few bucks on E-bay.

Option #5....................If you want to do that I can supply 25-30 different 70's/80's Wax packs for a lot cheaper. I have Dozens of Boxes, including most of the mainstream 70/80's Non Sport Wax packs. I already sell a Lot of 25 each Non Sport Wax Packs, all different, all from 1972-1990 in my Store for $26 bucks, on Sale right now for $19.50 plus Small Flat Rate $6, so $25 delivered.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Neil, pm sent

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Just adding I have received a ton of packs from Neil and they are always top notch quality. I would be in if we could find an early GPK run.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    anyone interested in 4 boxes of 79 star trek ???
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options

<< <i>anyone interested in 4 boxes of 79 star trek ??? >>

What do you want for one box delivered? All 4?

Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Just adding I have received a ton of packs from Neil and they are always top notch quality. I would be in if we could find an early GPK run. >>

Evening,

I know Steve doesn't have any, but does anybody know of a reliable souce for a Series One & Two Box? I would love to do a group rip of those, and I bet we could even get a few of the Sports guys involved because of the cost and possible return!! Gem MINT 10's of Series One are over $100 on E-bay and even 9's can bring $30-$75. Even at $1200-$1500 a box there is money to be made!!!

Neil
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009

<< <i>

<< <i>anyone interested in 4 boxes of 79 star trek ??? >>

What do you want for one box delivered? All 4?

Thanks
    Neil >>

pm sent
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    celloscellos Posts: 128 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just adding I have received a ton of packs from Neil and they are always top notch quality. I would be in if we could find an early GPK run. >>

Evening,

I know Steve doesn't have any, but does anybody know of a reliable souce for a Series One & Two Box? I would love to do a group rip of those, and I bet we could even get a few of the Sports guys involved because of the cost and possible return!! Gem MINT 10's of Series One are over $100 on E-bay and even 9's can bring $30-$75. Even at $1200-$1500 a box there is money to be made!!!

Neil >>

I would be in for this as well if we could find a reliable source.
  • Options
    I just received the pack lot from Neil, fast delivery and great packs image

I would still be in for a group rip...

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    celloscellos Posts: 128 ✭✭
    I don't know if you guys are still interested but Steve has a GPK series 1 box now for $1200. If you guys are still interested in doing this and we can find enough people then I would be in for at least a couple packs. Oh and just to make it more interesting, if anyone finds a PSA 10 Nasty Nick I will pay $500 for it unless I get one myself.

http://www.bbcexchange.com/ItemDetail.aspx?itemid=6992