Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Here's a buyer you "SHOULD" block, I have and for a very good reason!

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
This buyer, "coastalcoins1992" Made me an offer on a coin I had for sale for $595.00 OBO and I accepted his best offer. A couple days later he sends me a message telling me he just looked and found out he had won this coin and I accepted his offer. Well, in his message he tells me "I don't have that much money" and then offers me $100.00 less than his original offer and says if it's not acceptable just cancel the transaction. So I tell him to cancel it and I'll approve it. Well, another day and a half go by and nothing. So I open a cancel the transaction dispute and he still has not ended this deal. Now I can't even relist list this coin because of this jerk!! Block em!!!! If ya know what's good for ya! Trust me you DON"T want to deal with this maget....
The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    JuanJuan Posts: 71 ✭✭
    He should've worked out the details BEFORE pushing the button. If he bought it at the price you listed, he has to pay or unsat!
    oklahomakid
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Blocked, Thanksimage
  • Options
    You should file a NPB. Eventually, all his NPB's will mark him a felon on ebay.
  • Options

<< <i>This buyer, "coastalcoins1992" Made me an offer on a coin I had for sale for $595.00 OBO and I accepted his best offer. A couple days later he sends me a message telling me he just looked and found out he had won this coin and I accepted his offer. Well, in his message he tells me "I don't have that much money" and then offers me $100.00 less than his original offer and says if it's not acceptable just cancel the transaction. So I tell him to cancel it and I'll approve it. Well, another day and a half go by and nothing. So I open a cancel the transaction dispute and he still has not ended this deal. Now I can't even relist list this coin because of this jerk!! Block em!!!! If ya know what's good for ya! Trust me you DON"T want to deal with this maget.... >>

Maggot is blocked image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You should file a NPB. Eventually, all his NPB's will mark him a felon on ebay. >>

blocked
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Of course you cannot relist an item in the middle of a transaction dispute but you could certainly relist it under a new listing. Whats the problem?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    blocked
  • Options
    Unfortunately, this is a common negotiating technique and is much used by 'sharp' negotiators.

I first saw this used in the context of a private sale of a used car. My 'friend' negotiated the price on a car he wanted to buy, and then when he went to pick it up, he told the seller to knock a further $500 off the car or the deal was off. The seller reduced the price by $500, and my friend really congratulated himself for being such a hard-nosed negotiator.

The same technique is used in real estate negotiations all the time, especially with a desperate seller. The buyer shows up at the closing and demands more concessions on price or terms, or threatens to walk away.

It is a harsh world in business my friends.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately, this is a common negotiating technique and is much used by 'sharp' negotiators.

I first saw this used in the context of a private sale of a used car. My 'friend' negotiated the price on a car he wanted to buy, and then when he went to pick it up, he told the seller to knock a further $500 off the car or the deal was off. The seller reduced the price by $500, and my friend really congratulated himself for being such a hard-nosed negotiator.

The same technique is used in real estate negotiations all the time, especially with a desperate seller. The buyer shows up at the closing and demands more concessions on price or terms, or threatens to walk away.

It is a harsh world in business my friends. >>

That's when hard nose sellers should suck it up, even if it might mean a loss, and tell the joker to take a hike. You might find the joker changes their tune. Sellers can also use a variation on this theme.

A car dealer used this tactic on me and told me my offer was accepted. After some additional time running around their offices they recanted and said they just couldn't sell it for that low a price. In other words I'd have to raise my offer. I was out of that dealership in seconds never to return. A home seller also used that tactic on me after accepting my deposit for a 2 BR house back in the late 1980's. They called me that evening and said I had to go higher. I told them to take a hike. Not long after that the market tanked.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Of course you cannot relist an item in the middle of a transaction dispute but you could certainly relist it under a new listing. Whats the problem? >>

The problem is if another person buys this coin in the middle of this cancellation he then can neg me is what the ebay personal told me, so I ended the listing to protect myself.

<< Unfortunately, this is a common negotiating technique and is much used by 'sharp' negotiators.

That's when hard nose sellers should suck it up, even if it might mean a loss, and tell the joker to take a hike. You might find the joker changes their tune.

A car dealer used this tactic on me and told me my offer was accepted. After some more time and running around in their offices they recanted and said they just couldn't sell it for that price. In other words I'd have to raise my offer. I was out of there in seconds never to return. A home seller also used that tactic on me after accepting my deposit. They called me that evening and said I had to go higher. I told them to take a hike.

roadrunner

I do not deal with such people....
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Unfortunately, this is a common negotiating technique and is much used by 'sharp' negotiators.

That's when hard nose sellers should suck it up, even if it might mean a loss, and tell the joker to take a hike. You might find the joker changes their tune.

A car dealer used this tactic on me and told me my offer was accepted. After some more time and running around in their offices they recanted and said they just couldn't sell it for that price. In other words I'd have to raise my offer. I was out of there in seconds never to return. A home seller also used that tactic on me after accepting my deposit. They called me that evening and said I had to go higher. I told them to take a hike.

roadrunner >>

EXACTLY RIGHT! Good for you.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the list goes on and on.........
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked, Joe. Thanks for the heads-up and sorry about the bum deal.
    Lance.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thx for the heads up Joe. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ever cancel a non payer's purchase. Always do the non paying buyer claim, it will be held against him by ebay.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thanks.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

It may be a negotiating tool but not with me. BLOCKED thanks Joe!
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    To me, such a tactic would be the sign of an 'amateur', not a professional negotiator. I've blocked your bidder and am glad not to be at risk for him/her to try such a stunt on me. Thanks for sharing.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    thanks for the info.

remember though, you must include ALL pertinent info in your OP, otherwise all the people won't be able to figure out on their own that you're talking about something on ebay. I learned this from M. F.
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Joe, he's on the list
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    Blocked, thanks for sharing
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the listing?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerk is BLOCKED!!! Thanks image
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never sold on ebay, don't ever plan on doing so. But BLOCKED. Because I want to feel the power. image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Is this the listing? >>

Yes Sir, That's the BUM!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Never sold on ebay, don't ever plan on doing so. But BLOCKED. Because I want to feel the power. image >>

You got me laughing on that one....image I have been very lucky NOT have had to many BUMS around my store and I think I owe that to this forum....I keep notes! At any rate this guy got me HOT!! I was nice enough to let him off the hook, but NOOOOO, it took a couple of days for him just to push the button and save me some seller fees, and it locked this coin up till he did....I just thought I would share this adventure with my friends here and return the favor. Watch out for this guy....Joe
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Never sold on ebay, don't ever plan on doing so. But BLOCKED. Because I want to feel the power. image >>

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file