Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Private signing Raghib "Rocket" Ismail TOMORROW, details inside

I will be holding a private signing with Raghib “Rocket” Ismail in late May/early June.

Rocket was one of the most electrifying players in college football history, and was part of the 1988 National Championship winning Notre Dame Fighting Irish team. Ismail signed the largest annual contract (at the time) of any football player, when he signed with the Toronto Argonauts in 1991. He joined the NFL in 1993, and played with the Raiders, the Panthers, and the Cowboys.

100% of the proceeds from the signing will benefit the Ellis County Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc., a non-profit charity that I have been the Board Treasurer of since 1998. Rocket has agreed to donate his time for this signing.

Rocket has indicated to me that he will sign Raghib "Rocket" Ismail. On most signings he simply does "Rocket" He has also indicated he will do inscriptions. Prices are as follows:

Your card $30
Your balls/mini helmets/other flats up to 11x14 $40
Your Helmets/Jerseys/oversized flats $60
Inscriptions $10

I will get an assortment of 8 x 10’s for you to choose from if you’d like one of those instead. Our photos will require additional price of $5. Please include SASE for your items, or If you’d like me to be responsible for return shipping or want it tracked/insured please inquire and we’ll agree on a price. Payment can either be sent in form of check or money order made payable to:

Ellis County Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc.,

or you can paypal me at navarro@flash.net If paying by paypal, please include an additional $2 per item to cover paypal fees. Please PM or email for shipping address. All items due by May 15, and they will be signed as soon after as possible based on Rocket's schedule. In the event that event cancels for any reason, shipping is non-refundable.

Rocket doesn't do TTM, so if you need him, this is a great opportunity to get him. Again, 100% of the proceeds benefit the Ellis County Children's Advocacy Center.
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Donation receipts available?

Hook'em
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Does that say that Rocket Ismail will sign my balls?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Donation receipts available? >>

Eloy,

We are a 501(c)3 so we do typically issue donation letters (receipts), however, it is Rocket that is getting the donation letter for the value of his typical signing fee as he is waiving his fee for us. Rocket told me that at shows, the fee that is charged for him from promoters is $60 when he agrees to sign his full name rather then just "Rocket" and additional fees for inscriptions. Therefore, I am using that as the measure of "fair market value" of what you are getting in return for your signing fee. I can't give you a donation letter when you receive fair market value for the fee you pay.

Anyone that donates above and beyond the fee, will receive a donation letter for the funds above and beyond the fee.

Take care,

Mike
    I got my photo order in. Here are the 3 photos that I can offer below. Additionally, I talked with Rocket on Sunday and we are still shooting for the final week of May/1st week of June, so you need to get your orders in soon. For all those that I've received so far, I've PM'ed you to acknowledge receipt of your items. .

Additionally, there will be a chance to win a free autographed Rocket trading card on the main board this weekend compliments of Doran. I just haven't decided what the contest is going to be yet image

Mike
  • Do you have quite a few participants for the signing so far?

<< <i>Do you have quite a few participants for the signing so far? >>

Doran,

Not as many as I had hoped. Right now I have about 30, but it has picked up in the last week, so I'm hoping the last couple of weeks will be more. Since Rocket is donating his time though, it's all good, everything we make will go toward building our play therapy room for the Center, so even if it's only a $1,000, that's $1,000 more than we had.

If this signing goes well, I'm going to look at doing more with other Notre Dame athletes and other celebs relatively close to Dallas.

Mike
    I'll also have these cards available, if anyone needs a card to get signed. No additional charge for the cards themselves, just pay the autograph fee.

Signing is in 7 days. Still time left for those of you that like to wait until the last minute. You can order my photos and my cards up until Monday, May 30th. It's been a great past week for orders, thanks to all of you that are making this a good event.

For those of you that need Rocket, he doesn't sign TTM so this is a great chance.

Mike
    Signing is tomorrow. I will post photos of the signing (as long as Rocket allows me to take them) and signed items tomorrow night after I get home from my indoor soccer game approximately 11 PM Central time.

THERE IS STILL TIME TO ORDER MY PHOTOS OR CARDS ABOVE.

I have the following people scheduled to get item(s) signed tomorrow. If you are missing from the list and are supposed to be on it, please contact me IMMEDIATELY at 214-552-6169

Justin M.
    Ross R.
    Craig K.
    John B.
    Richard A.
    Branko P.
    Brian C.
    Derrick
    Alex L.
    Matt D.
    Brian E.
    Robert (Bob) V.