Home U.S. Coin Forum

Advice needed on selling 2006-W Proof $10 Gold Eagle

I have been offered 375 for this coin. Should I take it?
PCGS has it listed at $400 unless it grades 67 or better.

Comments

• I would pass on $375.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder why my PR69DCAM is only worth $250????
    PCGS Link

edited to add: Oooops, sorry....I see that you have a 1/4 ouncer!!!
    and yes, I would pass on $375!!!!!!!
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    they are prob buying at 1500/oz proof gold

the going rate now.

not buying as a collector coin at all.

they were as high as $2200/oz proof gold briefly last year when demand for proof gold from precious metal ira's was huge.

so 550 on the high side.
  • Thanks as always for the advice. I do appreciate it.
    Jay
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very fair offer in my opinion.

How fair? At a mere 10% more than the offer ($412.50 for 1/4 oz. of proof gold), I could probably buy $50,000 -$100,000 worth of those coins for a board member who thinks that would be a good deal tonight. Tomorrow is another day and different prices. I am just a PM away image

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Wondercoin - If I had my head on right I would have PM'd you before going the route that I did.
    You are fantastic to deal with!
    Jay
  • Its $333 melt as of bid today, so yes that is a low offer, especially for an 06-W. the coin could easily be a PF70, probably a 50/50 and worth $700+. So a fair offer IMO, would be closer to $450.
    "especially for an 06-W. the coin could easily be a PF70, probably a 50/50 and worth $700+."

Clackamas - (or anyone else out there) ... do you know what the last PR70DC of this date sold for and when?

TRY YESTERDAY at auction for $345 including the 15% buyers' premium!! That was in a PCGS holder as well. I bought a number of proof gold coins yesterday but had -0- interest in bidding $25 higher to win this coin in PR70DC as that would have been $373.75 and I would have had to find JJHULIN's buyer to make about $1.25 profit at that level!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

• << <i>"especially for an 06-W. the coin could easily be a PF70, probably a 50/50 and worth $700+."

Clackamas - (or anyone else out there) ... do you know what the last PR70DC of this date sold for and when?

TRY YESTERDAY at auction for $345 including the 15% buyers' premium!! That was in a PCGS holder as well. I bought a number of proof gold coins yesterday but had -0- interest in bidding $25 higher to win this coin in PR70DC as that would have been $373.75 and I would have had to find JJHULIN's buyer to make about $1.25 profit at that level!!

Wondercoin
    l; >>

Well thats a retard sale and you know it. Selling for less than melt, anyone would buy that all day long, its an anomaly and hardly representative of the market. I found the sale, on teletrade, some moron should have put it on Ebay instead, teletrade is dead right now. Heck of a deal, less than melt for PF 70 gold, there is no one here that would not take that. It had been almost a year since the last one sold on teletrade, no one had searches for the coin, hey a new strategy, look for things that don't sell often and but below melt bids on them. I like it.
    No, Teletrade.

I bought about $10,000 worth of other proof gold coins in the sale yesterday, but passed on this one in a PCGS-PR70DCAM holder. At present, IMHO the coin is worth nearly as much in a nice clean box fresh raw as it is in a PCGS-PR70DCAM holder. And, as a aside, this is a very good example of why buying PR70DC coins can often be very smart despite what you read.

Wondercoin

(edited to add ... comment written up before previous post was edited)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file